Borgundveien 340, Alesund, MÃ¸re og Romsdal, Norway
Level: Employee - Standard
Inmarsat has been at the forefront of global mobile satellite communications for over forty years, and is the market leading provider of voice and high-speed data communications for users on land, at sea and in the air through its constellation of 14 geostationary satellites. Inmarsat is a privately owned company with a profitable track record and significant growth aspirations. This is represented by more than 55 nationalities in the workforce, reflecting the global and dynamic nature of the business. With an investment of over $3 billion in its latest network infrastructure, Inmarsat is at the forefront of global mobile communications innovation.
Chief Operations Office
Inmarsatâs Chief Operations Office (COO) plays a vital role managing the services that keep our business running and delivering to our customers. COO consists of 9 functions including: Satellite Operations, Network Operations, Service Assurance, Service Delivery Aviation and Customer Assurance, Service Delivery and Supply Chain, Project Management Office, Global Cyber Security, Group IT.
A Project Coordinator can be tasked with installation, upgrade installation and annual service projects on all communication platforms supported by Inmarsat. Primarily it will be to coordinate annual service projects. The Project Coordinator owns the projects from start to finish, as it runs thru The Pulse. The Pulse (SharePoint) is also, where all stakeholders works on each project. In short, the Project Coordinator will coordinate service plans with the customer, but also make sure the rest of the delivery chain can meet the expectations per project. The Project Coordinator will also coordinate the resources needed for filed jobs for annuals as well as upgrades and new installations.
This job description will be changed over time, since Inmarsat Maritime is a company facing rapid growth and constant technological and organizational development.
- Coordinate annual services in EMEA according to budget
- Coordinate New Installation and Upgrades
- Actively look for annual services in the region
- Obtain information such as PO (purchase order), agent info, letter of invitation, Visa etc.
- Liaise with customers, agents and third parties to ensure smooth and cost effective workflow;
- Arrange travel, transportation and accommodation for Service Engineers
- Update resource management system
- Verify timesheets, reports and travel expenses
- Make sure customer documentation is updated after services
- Participate in rotation scheme/after office hours & weekend duty
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Bachelor Degree in science or similar
- Relevant experience can compensate for lack of formal education
- Experience from project work related to the maritime industry or similar
- High level of self-motivation.
- Understanding of Project Management methodology
- Good understanding and experience of operational development in a business driven environment
- Good communication and networking skills to interact with peers, senior management, project stakeholders and internal customers
Desirable Knowledge and Skills:
- Business Case writing skills
- Professional attitude, strong attention to detail, process oriented and organised.
- Flair for lateral thinking and problem solving
- Change deployment skills
- Good experience with Microsoft Office
- Experienced working with ERP systems (preferably SAP)
Our values define Inmarsatâs culture and represent what we believe in. Inmarsat employees aspire to certain behaviours which support our corporate values, they create a stronger working environment and lie at the heart of our continued success as an organisation.
Accountability â taking ownership, getting results and keeping our promises
- Respect â collaborating, embracing diversity and valuing differences
- Excellence â creating bold solutions for our customers and putting quality at the heard of everything we do
Location: Borgundveien 340,Alesund,Norway,6009, Ã lesund
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: Multiple Locations