Are you someone with controlling experience who is detail-oriented, responsible and analytical? And are you an avid team-player with a can-do attitude who strive to provide the best results? Then do not hesitate to apply for this position in our Project Controls team!
You will join a passionate, highly skilled and driven team in our Project Controls department who all work to ensure that the finances of our projects are correct. We improve the transparency of our financial and non-financial reporting throughout the company to the benefit of our project managers.
” You will get complete autonomy, as you handle the entire project economy and provide the project manager with the financial recommendations needed to succeed. Doing so, you drive information gathering and your own projects in an environment completely free from bureaucracy. When you get a good idea, you run with it. If it doesn’t work, we learn something.”
- Project Controller, Jasper Duijkers
Your tasks & responsibilities
As our new Project Controller, you will manage and control financial transactions across different disciplines within our departments and during projects. Your job will be to have the financial overview during the project and conveying relevant information to the stakeholders.
Your tasks will include, but are not limited to:
- Controlling actuals, budgets/forecasts and variations
- Reviewing contracts and Purchase Orders from the Client
- Controlling & reviewing tender material prepared by the Bid team and Project Managers
- Controlling and verifying the project costs through all phases of a project, in close cooperation with stakeholders
- Reporting finances, cash flow, hours spent, procurement, or used cost compared to budget, on a daily to weekly basis to the Project Manager
- Managing consortiums & Ad hoc reporting
Your skills & qualifications
We imagine that you have an educational background in finances/economics, and that you have experience in controlling, financing, procurement or similar, preferably from project related work.
Furthermore, to succeed in this position, we expect that you:
- Are systematic, detail-oriented and analytical as well as flexible with a strong focus on meeting your deadlines
- A team-player who can also work independently when the need arises
- Have solid experience with ERP systems and business intelligence like Microsoft BI, as well as being a super user in Excel
- Have a good understanding of project economics
- Understand that good communication, teamwork and a can-do attitude are all crucial to project work
Working at Semco Maritime
We offer you an interesting and exciting chance to work in an international company dedicated to assisting the energy sector in the green transition. We offer you the opportunity to engage in continuous learning and the possibility to develop yourself personally as well as professionally, to meet your ambitions.
The position is full time. The work is global, but your main place of work will be at our HQ in Esbjerg, Denmark and you should allow for up to 30 travel days annually.
We conduct our interviews on an ongoing basis, so if you are interested, you must submit your application via the link below as soon as possible.
If you have any questions do not hesitate to contact HR Business Partner, Mikkel Stephansen on +45 7914 9171.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Apply via our company page:
Share in your network
Semco Maritime is an international engineering and contracting company dedicated to projects in the energy sector. For 40 years, we have been facilitating design, fabrication, service and maintenance of our customers’ assets, providing comprehensive project management across all phases of energy projects. From turnkey engineering solutions to outsourcing of manpower and delivery of components, systems and solutions – we make sure our customers and partners in the energy sector experience safe and cost-efficient solutions. Semco Maritime has approx. 1,600 employees and branches in Denmark, Norway, United Kingdom, Germany, Singapore and the US. For further information, please see www.semcomaritime.com .