Local Unit & Position Description
Are you passionate about digital products with real impact on industry transformations?
Veracity by DNV is seeking to strengthen its Product Management function to further support the aim to become a leading industry cloud among DNV’s core markets.
Veracity is DNV's independent data platform and industry ecosystem. It brings together all the key players in the maritime and energy sectors to drive business innovation and digital transformation. Today, Veracity has over 18 000 companies and 200 000 users on the platform, enjoying frictionless connection through the exchange and sales of datasets, APIs applications and insights. Veracity is a natively born digital unit in DNV, working with global partners to grow our industry network to increase customer satisfaction through speed and automation in service delivery. As a member of this team, you take part in building the future by solving today’s problems.
Veracity consists of two product lines: Digital Sales and Data Platform. Consequently, Product Management is a strategic function in Veracity. We now want to strengthen this function in the Data Platform product line.
Objectives and responsibilities
In Veracity the Product Manager’s primary objective is to understand and anticipate the customers’ and stakeholders’ needs and convey this into product features and roadmaps including high-level requirements (“What and Why”) for its Product Line. Further, to articulate what success looks like in terms of product visioning and overall business ambition for the product(s).
The responsibilities include owning the roadmap, vision, mission, strategy, go to market, plan and pricing for the respective product(s) and the portfolio of products in the product line. One key focus is to align operations across the customer journey(s) and working closely with the Product Delivery Manager(s) in Global Engineering, marketing, sales, and other functions.
The role will report to Product Line Director for the Data Platform product line. The Product Line drives the overall vision, strategy, business development, customer experience and results for Veracity’s data platform development overseeing the management of the following non-exhaustive list of product categories.
- Data Fabric: horizontal data platform products, designed for data management hereunder efficient live and batch data ingest/egest, validation, quality assurance, contextualization, visualization, etc. for customer data, ranging from noon reports to sensors, and ERP to pictures.
- Data Services: vertical data products, designed to be used on its own or in combination (enrichment) with other products, ranging from a wide range of high quality generic maritime and environmental data products to prediction of fuel and emissions for the world shipping fleet, to automated risk detection for incidents.
- Application Network: horizontal platform products, designed to enable a digital eco-system to emerge, such as company-, identity-, integration -, API management and developer experience etc.
The key tasks for product management of any of the above products can be summarized as follows:
- Understand what needs to be built and delivered to customers and why from both a business and technical perspective
- Convey customer needs into roadmap including high level requirements (“What and Why”)
- Co-own the roadmap and agree with Product Delivery Manager(s) on “how” (time + budget) and when to build new features
- Close collaborations with customer facing functions to take new products to the market
- Responsible for customer journey, value proposition, and customer feedback loop
- Provide input to product line marketing and communication plans
- Ensure product(s) meet quality and information security requirements
- Consolidate product documentation and keep them customer ready for use and review
- Understand the relevant competitor landscape toward your product line responsibility
Qualifications we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree
- 5+ years of relevant working experience (working with digital products primarily from responsibilities within product management, or related to digital products and business development, sales, or project management, preferably in B2B complex- and multi-cultural environments),
- Comfortable with leading people and making decisions in a fast-paced environment, including engaging own and adjacent team members to follow a common product vision
- Able to articulate product strategies and visions to internal and external stakeholders
- Comfortable with working in the intersection between products, technology, and markets
- Future-oriented, creative, and comfortable with continuously challenging the status quo
- Strong communication and collaboration skills , strategic mindset
- Self-driven, service-minded
- Experience working within the core markets of DNV and Veracity (maritime and energy) is a plus
- Fluency in English
Both you and the position are located in Norway, preferably in our HQ in Høvik.
For more information, please contact Magnus Lande, Product Line Director and Head of APAC, Veracity by DNV at email@example.com.
Please apply with your CV and Cover Letter in English.
- A strong company culture with an emphasis on competence development
- Attractive total compensation package
- 6 weeks annual vacation
- International working environment
- Great colleagues who value teamwork and support
- Flexible working hours and focus on work/life balance
- Interesting and challenging projects, both national and international
- Be part of a world-leading company that has a global reach with more than 12 000 employees around to world and is headquartered in Norway.
- The possibility to grow and develop your competencies and ambitions within DNV
- Close access to the sea and surrounding park with possibility for different outdoor activities
Company & Business Area Description
DNV is the independent expert in assurance and risk management, operating in more than 100 countries. Through our broad experience and deep expertise we advance safety and sustainable performance, set industry benchmarks, and inspire and invent solutions.
We are a world-leading provider of digital solutions and software applications with focus on the energy, maritime and healthcare markets. Our solutions are used worldwide to manage risk and performance for wind turbines, electric grids, pipelines, processing plants, offshore structures, ships, and more. Supported by our domain knowledge and Veracity assurance platform, we enable companies to digitize and manage business critical activities in a sustainable, cost-efficient, safe and secure way.
Equal Opportunity Statement
DNV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity!