09. August 2021
Vattenfall is one of Europe´s largest electricity generators and producers of heat operating in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. Our strategy is to reduce emissions from power generation with a roadmap to achieving climate neutrality by 2050.
We are looking for a Product Engineer Cables to work within our Business Area Wind, Offshore, Engineering.
The Engineering department is the technical know-how centre within Business Area Wind, setting technical standards and guidelines. Engineering is an integral part of our projects, both through the development and implementation phases as well as in operations.
Within the Electrical Infrastructure area, the HV Cables Project Engineering department is responsible for holding the competences of technical project engineering to project manage technical scopes during product development and construction. Working within this department, the Product Engineer Cables shall provide technical expertise on Cable Systems for multiple development and operational projects and initiatives across our entire offshore portfolio.
The role will be based in one of Vattenfall’s office locations in Hamburg, Kolding, Copenhagen, Hexham or London with frequent travel to other offices/suppliers required.
- Contribute to maintaining high levels of health and safety performance across all activities to deliver inherently safer projects and working environments.
- Work with supply chain to review and improve cable technology to minimize Levelized Cost of Energy while maintaining quality and reliability of the supplied cable system including accessories.
- Lead work packages through technical readiness levels in closely following the technological development of export and inter array cables in the industry and support in defining the technical requirements.
- Be aware of the latest technical developments in the industry and identify potential technologies that could reduce cost and risk, or improve quality and safety.
- Support process to ensure the technologies are on the right level of maturation and fit for purpose for the respective projects.
- Provide technical expertise on cable design, manufacture, testing and commissioning activities.
- Deliver high quality and robust reports/recommendations to support technical findings.
- Use finite element analysis software (COMSOL) to carry out cable rating assessments for both development and operational sites.
- Coordinate cable design and dimensioning process for AC and DC products towards projects and support to business case preparation for multiple development projects.
- Pro-actively share knowledge, engage in the cable team and contribute to the exchange of learnings and improvements
Your background and skills:
- B.Sc or M.Sc in Electrical engineering or similar
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience with high voltage on- and offshore cable design and manufacturing
- Both practical and theoretical experience with cable and accessory design, manufacture and testing
- Ability to identify and lead key technical topics relating to high voltage cables, balancing both technical and commercial imperatives
- Good communication skills and preferably experience in communication with customers/suppliers
- Good English language skills and preferably also good German and/or Danish language skills
- Willingness to travel
- High degree of self-motivation with a flexible approach to work
- Can-do attitude, team player who enjoys collaboration
- Experience of working within cable/accessory production facilities is a plus
- Having worked e.g. with cable manufacturer, engineering company with dedicated cable competence or certification body
Hamburg, Kolding, Copenhagen, Hexham or London with frequent travel to other offices/suppliers required.
Sounds like this could be a match? Please apply then and become part of our mission and help us to achieve our goal of being fossil free within one generation!
For more information about the recruitment process, you are welcome to contact the Recruiter Anica Zerfuss via phone +49 1520 2510649.
Due to COVID-19 we adapted our application process to the current conditions. Interviews regarding this position will be conducted via video conference. Do you have any questions about the application process or how we deal with COVID-19? Please visit our FAQ list in advance.
Due to GDPR regulations, we kindly request that you only apply via our website. We cannot guarantee that we will be able to process applications that are not made via our website.
At Vattenfall we are convinced that diversity contributes to build a more profitable and attractive company and we strive to be good role model regarding diversity. Vattenfall works actively for all employees to have the same opportunities and rights regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, transgender identity or expression, religion or other belief, disability or sexual orientation.
We look forward to receiving your application!