Do you want to help us transform the way we develop and manufacture world class products for the maritime industry? Are you a experienced process consultant with project management experience? Would you like a job where you can make a real difference?
We are on a mission!
EMRI has just received approval from our parent company Furuno for a four-year investment plan. It will require us to almost double the number of employees and build a completely new maritime product portfolio designed for autonomous ships.
There is a catch, though. Take a look at our website www.emri.dk. It looks like it was developed in the 1990’s. Or drive past our current offices at Marielundvej 37 in Herlev. It is literally ready to be demolished (I kid you not – it will be torn down in a couple of years to make room for a new housing area).
That shows the other side of the coin. We will need to completely reinvent the company and everything we do.
It is an opportunity of a lifetime to really make a difference. Both in shaping a new organization, but also in participating in creating some exciting new products that will literally steer the maritime industry and contribute to reducing the energy consumption in maritime transportation.
As we are transforming our company, we need you to help develop and improve our internal business processes. Sometimes these change activities are so large that they turn into projects and then we need you to use your project management experience to help plan and guide them to successful completion.
There is an abundance of projects and process improvement activities waiting for you!
Examples of process improvements:
- New sales process ensuring effective transfer of orders to customer project implementation team
- New review process for R&D development
- New workflow for our shipping department
Examples of projects:
- Virtual phone system implementation with call centers and interactions
- QR codes, to create automations in the dataflow and traceability through the production line and test department, incl. storage and shipping.
- CRM system and other new marketing tools
- New EMRI domicile. Planning and organizing the move to our new premises.
In your new role you will cooperate widely across the organization with stakeholders and domain experts. WIth their help you will build knowledge of processes, map them, and analyze their efficiency, with the objective to develop "smarter workflows".
You will work at our Copenhagen office and report to our Quality Manager Ulrich Lumholtz.
We expect you to be curious, happy to learn, and above all well structured.
To be successful it is important that you:
- are an excellent communicator with great people skills
- have great collaboration skills and know the value of a group effort
- are analytical and likes to dig into data to find the patterns and flows
- adopts an holistic and systematic approach to change management
- understand that learning comes from listening to people who have experience
- are open minded, a creative thinker and welcome good ideas
- are a selfstarter with the ability to "run with the ball"
- have broad IT skills and a general technical understanding
- speaks English
We expect that you have experience with:
- Process analysis and development
- Graphic/ Visual presentation
- Project management
- Bachelor level. (non-specific)
- Project management training will be a plus.
If you have questions or want to know more about the position, please contact Quality Manager, Ulrich Lumholtz on +45 2026 6549.
If this job sounds appealing to you, please send your resume and cover letter already today – we will conduct interviews on an ongoing basis.
EMRI has been developing intelligent steering systems for deep sea ships for 50 years. Our systems control everything from the largest cruise liners to the most exclusive mega-yachts. In 2020 we were bought by the Japanese company Furuno who has designated us as their global competence center for maritime steering systems. We are a Danish company head quartered in the Copenhagen area. We also have a small R&D office in Aalborg.