We believe in handling challenging problems and delivering excellent performance in extreme conditions. We do that through delivering world-class products and services, which are the basis of the solutions that deliver benefits to our customers.We are seeking for a highly motivated Principal Mechanical and Piping Engineer with experience from Maritime or Oil & Gas system solutions. The position is central for our projects deliveries and we are looking for a candidate who is interested in working in a challenging and international environment. We are gearing up for the future of integrated energy solutions and this position will take part in our gas engineering team. This position might require some travel activities on our projects in Europe and Asia.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Act as the responsible mechanical & piping engineer in projects towards the Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) industry
- Lead Mechanical & Piping engineering teams assigned in delivery projects
- Lead and govern engineering partners
- Overall responsible for production and verification of engineering and design deliverables necessary for project execution and quotations/sales
- Cooperate with sales, procurement and engineering partners in calculation, estimations and qualification of suppliers etc.
- Contribute to engineering of new concepts and solutions as well as further follow-on engineering of established designs
- Act as the liaison with vendors and clients
- Optimize LNG process mechanical and piping system design in cooperation with Product department, Business Development and Sales
- Contribute to the life cycle strategy of the mechanical design solutions
- Specification of mechanical datasheets including piping, valves, pipe fittings, selection of materials for cryogenic piping, insulation, inspection methods, pipe stress analysis, piping MTOs, piping support, etc for the overall design and alignment of quality and design criterias
Qualifications / skills:
- Experience in e.g leading the engineering of mechanical and piping of process plants or module concept design, fabrication and completion
- Experience in comparing and selecting suppliers and equipment. Ability to collaborate across different cultures and manage English fluently
- Experience with software tools used for mechanical and piping design (3D CAD, etc)
- At least 10 years of extended experience in design, calculation, engineering and completion of LNG process modules or similar facilities
- Bachelor or Master Engineer
- Ability to create trust and cooperation through being a true team player
- Proven collaborative and communication skills by sharing and receiving knowledge
- Acts as an integrator between functions in and our customers
- Practically and solution orientated
- Ability to adapt to different cultures and environment
- Commercially awareness and result oriented
We can offer:
- Being part of a transformative experience within company, and gearing up for the future within integrated gas solutions
- Being a central player within our gas engineering core team
- Being involved in world class Solutions working with multiple field and disciplines.
- You will be working with functions such as Business Development, Sales & marketing and Product departments in order for us to develop and deliver our solutions to the maritime industry
- Career and competence development opportunities
- High degree of flexibility and responsibility
The client has made solutions that enable people around the world to deliver extreme performance under extreme conditions.
Today we are a world leader in several areas within maritime operations, defence, aerospace, and oil and gas industry. Our strength is to put together centres of expertise around products, technologies and market needs.
Posted: October 12th 2018