16. May 2021
WHAT JOINING THE MICROSOFT TEAM MEANS
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
Customer Success: Microsoft aspires to help our customers achieve their own digital transformation, leveraging the power of Microsoft Cloud solutions and support offerings. To this end, Microsoft invests in a dedicated Customer Success team that will help Microsoft customers successfully realize their business outcomes.
THE IMPACT YOU'LL BE MAKING
As a Principal Customer Success Account Manager (P-CSAM), you are the primary customer facing role responsible for customer success through the management of program deliveries and strong customer executive relationships at our largest, most complex global strategic customers. The prevailing business priority is the customers’ successful adoption and productive use of Microsoft cloud technologies. You are front and center with our customers in support of their digital journey and empowering them to achieve more.
The P-CSAM is a leader on the account team who partners with the Account Techbology Unit (ATU) to programmatically align the consumption plan to the account plan, orchestrate technology onboarding in line with customer priorities, and ensures value realization of a customer’s Microsoft investment through consumption, operational health and customer experience. The P-CSAM is accountable for the development and execution of the customer consumption plan and operational health, leveraging technical resources across all solution areas. The P-CSAM provides delivery leadership, for our largest and most complex accounts, focused on ensuring delivery is driving the customer’s success and consistently achieving our shared objectives and outcomes. They will oversee and ensure prioritized alignment of coordinated outcomes across Support Programs, Customer Success Engagements, and Consulting projects that will drive consumption, supportability, and operational health improvements.
Key Accountabilities include:
- Partner with the Account Executive / Account Technology Strategist to build and execute the Account Plan
- Leads the success & support team, aligning to prioritized customer solutions, managing the Strategic account plan at a global level.
- Accountable for the Consumption plan
- Accountable for the development and execution of the internal and customer-facing aspects cross-cloud consumption plan, with support from the technical resources aligned to the account. Ensures prioritized Success Engagements progress from Validate through Commit with a Program Delivery plan and up-to-date milestones..
- Engages Customer Executive Sponsors
- Establishes and nurtures strong executive sponsorship and manages the relationships with customer leadership to drive the execution of the support coverage model, strategic account plan, consumption roadmap & delivery execution oversight.
- Engages Microsoft Executive Sponsors
- Aligns with Microsoft Executive Sponsors to establish an engagement model and manage the communication & escalation strategies with customer leadership.
- Leverages technology experience
- Is experienced with real-world, hands-on experience designing, developing, deploying, and supporting large technology solutions. Knowledgeable and experienced in creating solutions that leverage cloud technologies and that provide maximum business value, which sustain the test of time.
- Accountable for Delivery Orchestration & Support Outcomes
- Provides leadership and orchestration across the Success & Support (CSU) team, Microsoft technical specialists, customer technical teams, Microsoft and partner project teams, and other CSAMs as appropriate. Balances prioritization between implementing new capabilities and ensuring customer operational health.
- Provides Seasoned Delivery Leadership
- Leads a team of CSAM’s and the overall global account support and success team to ensure the health of the customer’s solutions, orchestrated prioritized modernization and transformation projects, which lead to customer outcomes.
- Accountable for Consumption Planning and Execution for Strategic Pursuits
- Aligns the strategic account planning and cross-organization support coverage to drive consumption planning and success engagement execution aligned to the desired customer outcomes.
We are always learning. Insatiably curious. We lean into uncertainty, take risks, and learn quickly from our mistakes. We build on each other’s ideas because we are better together. We stand in awe of what humans dare to achieve and are motivated every day to empower others to do more and achieve more through our technology and innovation. Together we make a difference.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for a highly motivated and passionate Principal Customer Success Account Manager to drive program management for our largest and most complex global & strategic customers that have a significant number of key cross-cloud workload engagements running concurrently. As the P-CSAM, you will drive consumption planning & execution, as well as the acceleration of cloud adoption from Pilot/MVP to production for customer cloud engagements. This will be done by providing cross-engagement oversight, resource orchestration, and blocker escalation, all while operating in close collaboration with key account team unit members and business partners who are supporting customer success.
- Experience - 10+ years of success in senior roles attributing to technical engagement and delivery management and/or program management for large, complex, and global strategic customers is required. Prior work experience in a Senior Program Manager or Senior Engagement Manager position focused on Cloud and software/services solution preferred.
- Leadership - This role requires strong communication skills, as well as displaying executive presence and confidence in varying levels of customer situations. The CSAM must show leadership in teams comprised of Microsoft, Partner and Customer resources who may be engaged in the delivery of complex solutions for overall customer success. A proven experience leading diverse delivery teams is required.
- Relationship Building - Proven track record of building relationships with senior customer executives in large or highly strategic accounts. Experience in managing various stakeholder relationships to get consensus on solutions/engagements required.
- Program Management - Excellent skills in planning for a portfolio of engagements, cross-group collaboration, resource orchestration, communications, analytical capabilities, and attention to detail required. The CSAM will be accountable for the development and execution of a cross-cloud consumption plan, and operational health of the customer solutions deployed today and in the future.
- Collaboration and Communication - Proven track record of driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts, and ensuring follow-through with verbal and written communication. Strong presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences and various levels of management (CxO, Senior Executives, BDMs).
- Technical - Enterprise Architecture experience, designing, developing, deploying and supporting large technology solutions. Knowledgeable and experienced in creating solutions that leverage cloud technologies. Experience leading large technology programs that involve multiple technology areas, multiple stakeholders, are high risk, and highly visible across significantly sized technical teams that include coordination of multiple parties (e.g., partners, onshore and offshore resources). Knowledge of market trends and competitive insights preferred
- Education - Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience. Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering or related field preferred. Certification(s) in the following preferred:
- Project Management: ACP, PMI, or equivalent Project Management certification
- Prosci or equivalent
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Foundation certification
- Technologies: Cloud, mobile, web application development, cloud-native application architecture
- Microsoft certification in relevant technologies (e.g.: Azure, M365)
- Travel required: 0-30%
- Relocation will be considered for qualified candidates.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Benefits and Perks
Industry leading healthcare
Savings and investments
Maternity and paternity leave
Opportunities to network and connect
Discounts on products and services
Generous time away