Do you have experience supervising people, and do you want to develop your career within renewable energy? Then this is you chance to become part of a growing company with great aspirations for the future.
Sales > Offshore Operations > Pre-assembly Tower Supervisors
Our department consists of following teams of supervisors and technical supporting; Pre-assembly, Installation, Commissioning, improvement, service site and warehouse. We develop and supply skilled and dedicated resources with the right mindset. We coordinate and develop people and teams to support operational achievement . We create a culture of safety and cost consciousness and quality.
Our core task is to perform the preassembly before the towers are moved to the vessels. As a supervisors you would typically supervise a team of 5 technicians, and ensuring that the tasks are completed on time and on budget while maintaining the highest health and safety performances and quality standards.
You will plan and complete every task assigned to your supervision as smoothly and efficiently as possible and verify that the performance of the tasks is in accordance with the defined methods, processes and procedures set out for the pre-assembly site. You will plan and coordinate all resources as required by the tasks of the pre-assembly site taking necessary action to maintain the planning and utilise the efficiency of the team.
You will also be responsible for:
- Track and record all relevant planned/un-planned work tasks
- Preform quality walkdowns
- Identify, register and handle deviations using the relevant tools, methods, processes and procedures
- Time registration for all employees and contractors under your supervision must be recorded and approved every day to maintain control of the work tasks
- Ensure a safe work practice by acting in compliance with Vestas' HSE requirements
- Ensure implementation of upgrades and assist in the implementation of new procedures
- A technical background, e.g. mechanical, electrical or similar
- It would be an advantage if you have experience from the wind turbine industry, for example with MVOW V164 or Vestas V112 and V117 platforms. Alternatively you have other offshore experience or experience working in a similar environment.
- Good management skills
- Highly focused on HSE, quality and customer relations
- We expect you to possess good process understanding and communication skills as well as good delegation skills
- Offshore experience as an advantage
- Have knowledge of how to handle general safety and safety awareness
- Have good organisation and time-management skills
- Have good English skills both oral and in writing as well as good communication skills
- Can influence and guide others in a positive manner
- Are a skilled user of MS Office
- As a person, you are team focused with solid leadership skills. You know how to motivate and encourage your team and you are an effective problem solver
- You are responsible, hard-working and able to stay calm under stress
What we offer
We offer you an exciting job in rapidly growing international company with great opportunities for professional and personal development. We provide an inspiring environment with the aspiration to become global leader in the offshore wind market.
You will be hired in either Aarhus (DK) or Warrington (UK), but your actual work location will be on our different projects around Europe and potentially the rest of the world. For hires in UK you will work two weeks on and two weeks of, and for hires in DK you will work Monday to Friday and go home for weekends.
Travel activity: +/- 180 days a year.
We look forward to receiving your application as soon as possible, and no later than 14th May 2021.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and with more than 105 GW of wind turbines in 80 countries, we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Through our industry-leading smart data capabilities and unparalleled more than 86 GW of wind turbines under service, we use data to interpret, forecast, and exploit wind resources and deliver best-in-class wind power solutions.
Together with our customers, Vestas’ more than 24,500 employees are bringing the world sustainable energy solutions to power a bright future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills and perspectives, and gives everyone equal access to opportunity.
We invite you to learn more about Vestas by visiting our website at www.vestas.com and following us on our social media channels.