Material engineer - Polymers
National Oilwell Varco Subsea Production Systems (NOV SPS) designs and manufactures flexible pipes and specific, innovative products for the offshore Oil and Gas industry. Headquartered in Copenhagen, Denmark, we leverage superior engineering and state-of-the-art manufacturing technology to establish long-term partnerships with global contractors and oil companies.
For our material and testing department, we are hiring a Material Engineer with expertise in testing and characterization of polymeric materials. You will work with and run your own development projects targeting qualification of new polymer-based materials and components. Central in these qualifications is long-term ageing tests in relevant offshore and oil producing environments where mechanical testing and thermal analysis such as DSC or DMA are used for characterization. You will also be highly involved in defining technical scope and manage progress of such development projects. Finally, you will support the rest of the organization on technical issues related to your field of expertise within polymeric materials. You will have close contact to our internal qualification laboratories, manufacturing sites in Denmark and Brazil but also with 3rd validation party, suppliers and customers.
Most testing will be performed at our in-house state-of-the-art-material qualification laboratory. As part of your work you should expect some travel activity (up to 10 days/year) but will for the most part take place at our headquarter in BrÃ¸ndby.
- As a person you are outgoing, a pro-active team player and have good communication abilities in an international environment with English as company language.
- You have good project management skills that will ensure a holistically product development with respect to manufacturability, field requirements, clientsâ€™ needs and international standards.
- You work systematically and ensure good documentation of performed work following internal and international procedures.
- You perform tasks within tight deadlines as well as tasks part of projects with long-term planning.
- You are most likely a material engineer with background in materials science and/or chemistry.
- You have experience in polymer physics and chemistry of polymers including expertise in the properties of thermoplastic and elastomer-based polymer materials.
- As an advantage, you also have a background and/or experience with composite materials.
- You have a strong understanding and experience in mechanical testing as well as thermal analysis techniques.
- Finally, you understand the long-term properties of polymers and their degradation mechanisms to design ageing tests and qualification programs.
The material and testing department in Flexibles is located at BrÃ¸ndby where we act as a global competence and knowledge center for the organization supporting primary our Danish and Brazilian manufacturing facilities. Our product operate at extreme conditions and needs optimal technical solutions to obtain required performance. We are currently 70 engineers and technicians with broad competences within steel, polymers, material modelling and composite materials. The technical level and requirements are thus high, and we are proud of our professional approach .
- A job in a dynamic and innovative company
- International environment experiencing strong growth
- Informal and fun work environment with exciting projects
- Committed colleagues with a high professional level
- Good opportunities for personal and professional development
Please send your motivated application, CV and any additional relevant information before June 16th 2021.
We are truly a global family with 1300 dedicated employees in Denmark, Brazil, Norway, Scotland, Malaysia, Ghana and the United States, and we offer the opportunity of a lifetime for anyone interested in working in an international environment to help power the industry that powers the world.