Offshore Wind Specialist (Engineering/Control Room/Operations etc)
I am working exclusively on a unique opportunity for someone with a career in the offshore wind industry to become the domain expert for a software business that has significant clients in the sector.
The business is present in over 50 countries and employs over 1000 people. They are well known for offering software solutions to industry sectors including health, defence and intelligence. Five years ago they started offering similar services to the offshore wind industry around marine coordination and have been extremely successful. They are now keen to broaden their offering to cover broader aspects of offshore wind. To take this next step they require a domain expert who understand the sector and can be the link between clients and the business ensuring correct services are offered, in other industries this would be a Product Manager. This is not a role for someone with a background in software but is explicitly for someone in the offshore wind sector who is looking for a career change. You are likely to have experience in roles such as Authorised Engineer, Control Room Engineer, Operations Manager etc.
- Help define the product vision and strategy within offshore wind.
- Ensure you continue to be a domain expert on processed used to operate offshore wind farms by visiting clients, attending trade shows and keeping up with industry developments.
- Help customers understand the full benefit of the product.
- Collate customer feedback and pass this on internally.
- Liaise with sales, marketing and product development teams.
- Help write tenders.