An important role within the Offshore Wind business, this role will report into the Regional Head of Development Offshore Wind Scandinavia and Baltics who is the development asset owner of all offshore projects within Region from greenfield up to and including Final Investment Decision.
The Country lead role is a strategic and business development role for the Offshore business, working closely with the Project leads in country, joint venture partners, other technologies like e.g. the Solar and Storage business in the Nordic region, internal support and enabling functions as well as external stakeholders.
The role will be based in Malmo, Sweden and will require national and some international travel.
As an Offshore Development Country Lead you will be:
- Working with the Strategy function to ensure regular updating of market and technology attractiveness criteria thereby ensuring alignment between Development and Strategy view
- Where appropriate represent RWE shareholder on Joint Venture projects and co-ordinate internal governance of Joint Venture decisions
- Co-ordinate the Offshore contribution to Board approval papers and Board updates for decisions outside the Project decision authority
- Contribution to establishing and building out a RWE presence in-country
- Working with the Country chair and regulatory to evaluate offshore wind policies and roll-out regime, inform lobbying strategy to influence and improve market attractiveness;
- Support the Country chair in cooperating with and taking part in consultation processes of the Government, regulators and authorities
- As required, work with Regulatory to evaluate offshore wind policies and roll-out regime, inform lobbying strategy to influence and improve market attractiveness and regulatory framework for offshore wind and related hydrogen opportunities
- A university degree in business, renewable energy, engineering or equivalent qualification is desirable
- Proven and solid background in a meaningful commercial environment may be sufficient
- Experience of working in the offshore renewable energy industry
- Extensive experience at a high level in developing large scale offshore wind infrastructure projects
- Experience in cooperation with governmental bodies and authorities
- A solid understanding of the complex business requirements related to offshore wind projects
- Good knowledge in policy and law making processes
- Strong ability to manage own performance, with a significant focus on delivery and an ability to balance a varied and challenging workload, whilst producing high quality results in demanding timeframes;
- Strong team leader with the ability to resource, manage and influence project teams in an inclusive manner ensuring equal opportunities at all times
- Knowledge of international and national health, safety and environmental legislation associated with development and construction projects
- Strong negotiating and influencing skills, as well as written and oral communication skills
- Proven ability to persuade, challenge and build credibility at all levels and across functions of the business
- Ability to be proactive and take responsibility for matters, while responding to competing business demands
- Ability to make recommendations and implement decisions effectively in a manner consistent with RWE’s core principles
- Ability to explain complex and detailed project issues and interactions in order to allow the Leadership Team to make decisions
- Good organisational skills to meet fast paced timescales on a number of potentially simultaneous negotiations and other business development activities
- Fluent in Swedish (Norwegian) and English language
Please apply for the role no later than May 2th.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact the recruiting manager:
Holger Matthiesen, firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact with the union:
Unionen, Marius Chard Uscilo, +46 706289094