The Operations Engineer WTG is the central contact person for all technical issues relating to the operational strategy of the wind turbines for Rødsand2 Wind Farm. The main responsibility lies in ensuring a sustainably high operational availability of the turbines, while at the same time optimising operating costs.
The Operations Engineer WTG is responsible for defining, optimising and implementing maintenance concepts. As well as the development and implementation of necessary repair campaigns and retrofits, based on the continuous assessment of turbine performance. This includes in particular the management of the corresponding contracts and budget responsibility.
- Definition and continuous optimisation of the inspection and maintenance routines, as well as the associated planning in cooperation with the Production Manager and related Engineers
- Planning and coordination of the implementation of inspection activities, repair or retrofit campaigns as well as the corresponding purchasing processes and contractor management.
- Continuous assessment of the technical condition of the wind turbines.
- Identification of opportunities for sustainable optimisation of WTG performance
- Coordination, investigation and clarification of complex malfunctions and damage to turbines or components (root cause analysis) as well as the derivation of (preventive) measures to ensure functionality
- Review and approval of technical modifications to systems or components
- Preparation, or coordination of the preparation, of maintenance and repair documentation, as well as, in general, experience and knowledge transfer
- Management of the allocated WTG maintenance budget with simultaneous analysis of sustainable cost saving possibilities
- Identification and assessment of risks, technical or operational, related to the WTG and work performed on it, as well as derivation of measures to minimise these risks
- Management of the contracts for maintenance and repair campaigns in cooperation with commercial department
- Close cooperation with the Production Manager and Maintenance Coordinator, to ensure the safe execution of the work
- Support training and education of own Technicians at internal training facility
- Successfully completed university degree in engineering, preferably electrical or mechanical engineering or gained similar expertise and knowledge in alternative way.
- Expertise in the field of wind turbines and 4 years of relevant work experience, ideally in the field of Siemens wind turbine manufacturer
- Operational experience in the field of maintenance and repair of wind turbines. Offshore know-how is an advantage.
- Experience with SCADA systems advantageous.
- Commercial understanding and experience in contract management.
- Good communication skills and a proactive and structured way of working
- Very good written and spoken English
- Distinct awareness of occupational safety
- Willingness to work from offshore turbines
We are about 130 employees in the Nordics. We are part of an energy group with high ambitions for renewable energy, and we are in the starting blocks of our journey together with approximately 3,500 colleagues who work with renewable energy in Europe, North and South America, Asia and the Pacific. In other words, there are good opportunities to develop further within the organization. In your role, you have great freedom to set up your work yourself in the way that suits you. Our culture is characterized by entrepreneurship, openness and commitment. With us, you get a dynamic job where relationships, development and strategy will be an even bigger part of your day.
Welcome to apply today, but no later than November 22.
Please submit your application documents in English via or application process (use the “Apply now” button). Note that we do not accept applications sent it by email.
If you have any questions about the role please contact Recruiting Manager:
Cornelia Cichon, Cornelia.Cichon@rwe.com
Skriv i din ansøgning, at du fandt jobbet på ofir.dk