We are currently looking for dynamic Offshore Medics to join our offshore business in the Danish and Dutch sectors. The Medic will act as the primary source of medical advice on the installation for any personnel suffering from illness or injury. Successful candidates shall be capable of exercising appropriate and competent medical skills in the event of an injury or acute illness, providing advice and consulting with onshore management.
There are a range of rotations available to support our clients operations onboard their installations, vessels or work sites so we are keen to hear from medics of all levels of skills and experience. Due to visa and immigration restrictions we are only able to consider applications from candidates for this post who have the right to work in the EU.
Our passion and expertise in helping others drive us to go the extra mile every day. You'll become part of a team of professionals who go to extraordinary lengths. We offer our people the opportunity to develop a truly rewarding and exciting career whilst fulfilling our commitment to delivering international standards of healthcare.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the routine and emergency healthcare for site personnel
- Build and maintain an excellent working relationship with International SOS clients, their employees and contractors
- Responsible for ensuring personal CPD and clinical skills are kept up to date
- Provide onsite routine health care and advice to offshore personnel
- Seek appropriate and timely consultation/advice from Topside service
- Arrange any required Medevac cases in accordance with International SOS and Client site protocols
- Maintain patient confidentiality at all times, supported with clear and concise medical records in line with International SOS Records and Record Keeping Policy, also maintain the sickbay attendance log, including Patient information on medications taken and known allergies
- Management of clinical waste and routine cleaning of the sick bay
- Ensure all medical equipment and gases are functional, regularly inspected and maintained, including calibration of required items in accordance with manufacturers guidelines
- Lead first aid team and co-ordinate all first aid team activities and regular training
- Completion of relevant administrative tasks as the role/Client requires, including Vantage / Heli Admin
- Deliver regular Health Awareness and Health Promotion activities
- Maintain all eye wash, earplug and lens cleaning stations
- Conduct routine hygiene checks of the galley and accommodation area
- Water sampling
- Awareness of IADC and OSHA Guidelines
- Eligible to work, or resident, in the UK
- Must be either a Registered General Nurse with NMC and worked in an acute care setting, Military Medic, or HCPC registered Paramedic
- OGUK Medical Certificate
- HSE Medic Certificate
- GWO certification desirable
International SOS (www.internationalsos.com) is the world’s leading medical and travel Security Risk Services Company. We care for clients across the globe, from more than 1,000 locations in 90 countries. Our expertise is unique: More than 11,000 employees are led by 1,400 doctors and 200 security specialists. Teams work 24/7 to protect our members. We pioneer a range of preventive programs strengthened by our in-country expertise. We deliver unrivalled emergency assistance during critical illness, accident or civil unrest.
We are passionate about helping clients put Duty of Care into practice. With us, multinational corporate clients, governments and NGOs can mitigate risks for their people working remotely or overseas.
Our global services include medical and risk planning, preventive health programs, in-country expertise and emergency response for travellers, expatriates and their dependents of over 70% of the Fortune 500 companies.