Are you enthusiastic about technical, administrative and supervision tasks? Are you focused on quality in your way of working? And do you see yourself as a skilled leader with great communication skills? Then this might be a chance for you to join Vestas and become part of the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We are currently looking for Offshore Installation Supervisors to join our experienced and professional team.
MVOW > MHI Vestas Offshore Wind Blades UK Ltd. > MHI Vestas Offshore Wind Blades UK Ltd.
Our department consists of teams of supervisors and technicians supporting preassembly, installation, commissioning, improvement, service sites and warehouse. External resource management and site support coordinates external technicians and consultant support. We develop and supply competent and dedicated resources with the right mindset. We coordinate and develop people and teams to support operational success. We create a culture of safety and costs consciousness and quality.
The Offshore Installation Supervisor is responsible for the daily coordination and execution for the work scope on all Installation works.
- The Installation Supervisor must work closely with the Deputy Installation Manager, the trouble-shooter and the lifting Supervisors
- It is the Installation Supervisor's responsibility together with the lifting Supervisors, that the Installation Team is working efficiently ensuring, that all work during Installation is preformed safely and according to Vestas quality standards as well as making sure, that the Installation Team has all necessary documentation available such as Work Instructions, Method Statements etc.
- After every Installation the Installation Supervisor together with the lifting Supervisors hands over required documents and information to the Completion Team, including Quality Inspectors
- The Installation Supervisor must work in a proactive manner and always intervene if any issues occur
- After rotation end, the Installation Lifting Supervisor must provide a comprehensive hand over for his back to back
- Document handling and controlling
To be considered for this position, you need to be fluent in English (orally and written) combined with a good interest in both the administrative, technical and supervision areas. You will also have:
- Relevant technical training, for example electrical or mechanical
- Supervisor/team leader experience is preferred
- Solid IT experience
We expect that you:
- Hold a technical education (mechanical/electrical) combined with WTG experience
- Have experience working with electrical/hydraulic diagrams
- You are highly quality and safety focused and possess a strong continuous improvement mindset
- Are a team player and can take the lead and act as a strong motivator and energiser of the team
- Have excellent English communication skills and can motivate and encourage your team of technicians
- Are focused on customer-relations
- Have good process understanding as well as good delegation and administration skills
- Are result-driven, action-oriented and possess a strong continuous improvement mind-set
- Are flexible, adaptive and respectful in your communication with others
What we offer
- Great colleagues that support each other and work together
- Excellent opportunities for professional and personal development
- The opportunity to work with a determined and motivated team
Your will be based in either Warrington, UK or Aarhus, Denmark as your official work location but will be travelling to sites all over the world. You will normally be working 16 days on rotation (including days of travelling) and 12 days off. But other rotation patterns occasionally may appear.
Applications are handled on an ongoing basis. Please apply online with your letter of motivation and CV as soon as possible – and no later than 14th May 2021.
If you have specific questions about the position, please contact Tore Moe Enevoldsen (Email: email@example.com Phone: +45 26691305) or Lene Kjærgaard Crouzet (Email: Ledcr@vestas.com +45 26691252, Team Leaders of the Installation Supervisors.
All inquiries are treated confidentially.
Vestas is proud to be the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Vestas strives to be the most inclusive workplace in the sustainable energy industry and ensure equal opportunities for everyone regardless of the social identity. We are stronger as a company not despite our differences, but because of them, both professionally and personally. Beyond a diverse workforce, we want to ensure that all of our employees are included and actively contributing to Vestas’ success and innovation. Only then can we become the global leader in sustainable energy solutions and ensure sustainability in everything we do.
At Vestas, we offer global opportunities for people with growth mindsets and the desire to make a shared and positive impact. We work in the true spirit of our corporate values: accountability, simplicity, collaboration, and passion. We expect everyone to live up to these in their day to day work – no matter what you do and where you are in the organisation.
Learn more about Vestas at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels.