Superior authority onboard the unit and manage the unit through his Section Leaders and direct reports and in close cooperation with the onshore organisation, customer and third parties.
Job Category: Operations (Offshore)
Location: PLEASE SELECT A LOCATION
Rig Type: Drillship
- Compliance with the Seadrill Code of Conduct.
- Compliance with applicable internal and external governing requirements.
- That unit certification at all times is valid and available onboard.
- Compliance with Seadrill training, certification and competence requirements.
- That all relevant personnel are adequately trained in handling emergencies.
- That all emergency equipment is in good condition and configured as required.
- Non-compliances are promptly acted on and reported to the direct supervisor.
- Establishment and proper functioning of the safety organisation onboard.
- All relevant governing documents are revised as and when required.
- Training and competence assessments as assigned and/or required are perform.
- That any operations do not exceed the limitations of the unit or its equipment.
- Daily detailed planning for all upcoming operations.
- Good and clear communications with all involved parties.
- Compliance with the standard for tidiness and cleanness.
- Assume the safety role as per station bill and emergency preparedness plan.
- Safeguarding the personnel onboard and the unit.
- The protection of the surrounding environment.
- Operations being conducted in a safe and efficient manner, and coordinated between the section leaders.
- Budgetary control of the unit.
- Responsibilities and authorities as outlined for Masters in legislation and conventions are adhered to.
- Actively lead and participate in meeting activities as required.
- Compliance with applicable laws.
- Relevant governing documents are adhered to by all personnel.
- That clear daily operational guidelines are provided to all relevant personnel.
- Visible leadership by spending time in the field and monitoring daily operations.
- That class papers are valid and that CoCâs are acted upon in due time.
- Subordinates are trained to fill higher positions.
- Other duties are performed as required and/or directed by his/her direct supervisor.
EQUIPMENT & SYSTEMS
- Familiarity with the structural conditions and limitations of the unit and its equipment
- That the unit is duly maintained and the maintenance is recorded as required
- That the unit maintain an adequate stock of spare parts and materials
- Operational preparedness of all safety and emergency equipment
- As per Corporate and Regional specific Delegation of Authority matrices
Job Type: Full-time