You will work within a dynamic and technically advanced working environment to bring NGI's expertise into challenging projects and ensure that we continue to lead the way in research and development of new solutions within the exciting field of offshore geotechnical engineering.
With over 100 engineers and geoscientists working worldwide, NGI's Offshore Energy Teams have an international portfolio and offices in Europe, the USA and Australia. Whether we are designing foundations for an offshore wind turbine, assessing geohazard risk for seabed infrastructure in deep water, performing advanced numerical modelling for a gravity-based substation or investigating the behaviour of geomaterials under complex cyclic loading conditions, we are known for our attention to detail and a focus on technical excellence in our work.
As an offshore geotechnical engineer at NGI, typical tasks may include the following:
- design work for offshore foundations
- geohazards assessment within a multi-disciplinary team
- site characterisation and developing advanced ground models
- investigating soil behaviour with advanced laboratory testing
- numerical analysis within commercial and proprietary tools
- project management including responsibility for client interaction and management of resources
- preparing tenders and marketing activities
- geotechnical earthquake engineering
- participation in offshore work, including site investigations and installation projects
- larger infrastructure or natural hazard projects, together with our other market areas (including dams, mining, bridges, coastal structures etc.)
- leading research projects within geotechnics and the geosciences; for EU or RCN (Norwegian Research Council) funded projects, JIPs or contract research
- dissemination of your work at conferences and workshops
Working at NGI
We are looking for engineers of all levels, from recently graduated to those with a greater level of experience suitable for senior roles. To work at NGI, we expect you to be curious, open minded, able to demonstrate initiative and work well within project teams. As a research institute with a strong consultancy pedigree, we are keen to hear from people who want to balance “research and consultancy hand-in-hand”.
NGI offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits to our employees. We support our employees to develop technically and professionally, and we are committed to providing you with the challenges in your career to help you achieve your potential. NGI will provide Norwegian language courses for foreign employees working in Norway.
NGI’s values, and cornerstones of our work ethic, are Trust – Integrity – Teamwork – Action.
- excellent English language and communication skills (speaking, listening, reading and writing)
- good academic record within civil engineering, with a speciality in geotechnical engineering (MSc or PhD) and a strong CV for those with work experience
- an interest in the offshore energy sector, and especially offshore renewables projects
- desire to contribute, support, and even lead a team, to meet deadlines and a drive to work within challenging technical projects
Please send your Applications, no later than 20 December 2021.
Your application should include a cover letter summarizing motivation and qualifications for the position, CV (summarising education, positions and academic work - scientific publications), copies of educational certificates, transcripts for newly graduated applicants, and the names and contact details of a minimum of two references (relation to candidate, e-mail and telephone number).
Foreign applicants are advised to attach an explanation of their University’s grading system. Please remember that all documents should be in English or a Scandinavian language.
Applications are welcome from citizens of any nationality (subject to relevant immigration formalities). NGI is an equal opportunities employer and hence applications are welcomed from applicants regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic origin, and from individuals wishing to resume research careers after a break.
See contact details for NGI's representatives Thomas Langford (Director Offshore Energy, Oslo) and Anne Berit Slaatsveen (HR, Oslo)
We look forward to your application!