Are you a passionate engineer looking to work within the Wind industry? Are you already an experienced Electrical Engineer and looking for your next challenge? If that sounds like you, we want to hear from you.
Vestas is currently seeking to fill a position to strengthen our Offshore Engineering team in Northern and Central Europe.
Sales > SBU NCE > Service > Service Operation > Operations Engineering > WTG Engineering NCE > Offshore Engineering NCE
Offshore Engineering NCE team is responsible for supporting regional offshore Service and Construction organisations with technical knowledge to install and operate Vestas WTGs successfully.
The Offshore Engineering team consists of 5 highly experienced and dedicated employees located in Aarhus, Denmark.
- Ensure that regional offshore Service organisations receive high level engineering support
- Responsible for handling complex electrical power system related technical issues that are escalated from the Fleet Support or Service e.g. critical inspection reports, serious defects on transformers, generators or switchgears
- Create technical confidence towards stakeholders and customers by demonstrating sound operations engineering expertise
- Taking part in customer or supplier meetings
- Own the preparation of the material needed to initiate an improvement case and participate in RCA by utilising the in-depth knowledge regarding electrical power system technology and Operations' processes
- Analyse business cases on technical issues and leverage that towards optimizing technical recommendations
- Act as Subject Matter Expert in design reviews in electrical power systems and bring your knowledge back into the team
- Bring forward ideas on future needed knowledge to secure technical readiness in Offshore Engineering NCE
- Mentor colleagues to build up new competences
- Bachelor/Master´s degree in Electrical Engineering or comparable discipline
- 5+ years' experience on generators, transformers or switchgears, ideally within Wind industry
- Ability to lead in a technical environment
- Commercial mindset and ability to interact directly with customers
- Ability to communicate clearly in English language, verbally and in writing, skills in German language is a plus but not required
- Strong technical and analytical skills
- Ability to simplify communication on complex technical issues
- Living by knowledge sharing and encourage to team work
- Independent and proactive with a "go-do" attitude
- Customer oriented and the ability to understand the business value seen from a service and customer perspective
- Structured, self-driven, takes initiative and ownership
- Highly self-motivated and results orientated candidate able to become part of a competence team
- Able to multitask and prioritize daily work under a fast-paced environment
- Ability and willingness to travel within NCE region
What we offer
We offer an exciting job with excellent opportunities for professional and personal development in an inspiring, and international environment at the world’s global leader of wind energy.
We value initiative, responsibility and the right balance between creativity and quality in all solutions. You will become part of a highly professional environment with a strong technical commitment.
Primary work location will be in Aarhus or Videbaek, Denmark or Hamburg or Husum, Germany
Travel activities to other office locations expected to be around 20 days per year.
For more information about this position please contact Jan-Bernd Franke, Senior Manager WTG Engineering NCE, on +49-151-41430349.
Please apply no later than 15th August 2021.
Vestas is proud to be the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Vestas strives to be the most inclusive workplace in the sustainable energy industry and ensure equal opportunities for everyone regardless of the social identity. We are stronger as a company not despite our differences, but because of them, both professionally and personally. Beyond a diverse workforce, we want to ensure that all of our employees are included and actively contributing to Vestas’ success and innovation. Only then can we become the global leader in sustainable energy solutions and ensure sustainability in everything we do.
At Vestas, we offer global opportunities for people with growth mindsets and the desire to make a shared and positive impact. We work in the true spirit of our corporate values: accountability, simplicity, collaboration, and passion. We expect everyone to live up to these in their day to day work – no matter what you do and where you are in the organisation.
Learn more about Vestas at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels.