Would you like to be Vestas Offshore Engineering Specialist and play a significant part in our offshore logistics setup? Do you have experience with offshore wind installation vessels and jack-ups and/or offshore wind foundations?
Sales > Offshore Operations > Service Crane Vessels, Engineering & Avi
You will become part of the Offshore Engineering team within Vestas located in the Cross Regional Offshore Support department. Here you will join a team of skilled and experienced subject matter experts within many different areas of Offshore Wind from subsea, marine, ports and aviation.
- Support the offshore wind project with functionality, quality and design for Secondary Steel structures with a great understanding of offshore design to deliver best-in-class solutions
- Writing and updating Secondary Steel documentation, calculations and drawings
- Lead Engineer for the Secondary Steel design for each project during the tender and negotiations stage
- Interface with technology, technical sales, service and marine operations stakeholders to ensure high quality
- Delivery expert engineering support to Installation and Service projects on Seafastening, deck layouts and boatlanding interface between vessels and foundation
- Prepare design and documentation of secondary structural components (e.g. internal/external, airtight and switch-gear platforms, boat landings, access arrangements)
- Naval Architect, B.Sc. and / or M.Sc. in Engineering, Mechanical/Civil/Structural
- Experience in offshore wind installation vessels and foundations
- Senior/Lead engineer or a junior with a few years of experience
- Engineering skills: excellent understanding of marine operation, vessel strength calculations, technical drawings, offshore wind foundations and lifting
- Fluent in English
Excellent team player and ability to communicate with the team. Can work independently. During project work, you use your sharp scientific approach and engineering experience to assist the sales team to create win-win solutions for Vestas and our clients. Good communication skills and can clearly convey complex technical information to stakeholders.
What we offer
We offer an exciting job with great opportunities for development in an inspiring environment at a well-known wind turbine producer. We value initiative, responsibility and accuracy. You will become part of an international environment with a professional development commitment and colleagues that take care of each other.
You will work in our office in Aarhus, Denmark.
Please apply no later than 7th July 2021.
Vestas is proud to be the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Vestas strives to be the most inclusive workplace in the sustainable energy industry and ensure equal opportunities for everyone regardless of the social identity. We are stronger as a company not despite our differences, but because of them, both professionally and personally. Beyond a diverse workforce, we want to ensure that all of our employees are included and actively contributing to Vestas’ success and innovation. Only then can we become the global leader in sustainable energy solutions and ensure sustainability in everything we do.
At Vestas, we offer global opportunities for people with growth mindsets and the desire to make a shared and positive impact. We work in the true spirit of our corporate values: accountability, simplicity, collaboration, and passion. We expect everyone to live up to these in their day to day work – no matter what you do and where you are in the organisation.
Learn more about Vestas at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels