Looking for action? Are you our new NOC shift Operator?
Nittedal Teleport, operated by Telenor Satellite (TS) is located just north of Oslo and is the largest one in Northern Europe. The teleport delivers TV/multimedia encoding, contribution and distribution services, as well as Ka- and Ku-band Data Services offering maritime and land based solutions.
In our Network Operation Centre (NOC) we operate, monitor and manage Telenor Satellite’s entire service portfolio. We are now looking for a NOC Shift Operator who will have main activity in the Dataservices area, but will also cover the Broadcast area. The team consists of Manager, 12 skilled Operators, 2 Support engineers and is responsible for operating all of Telenor Satellite services 24/7.
- Working at Network Operation Centre at Nittedal Teleport and be in the shift rotation plan 24/7/365 and cover both Dataservices and Broadcast.
- Responsible for handling incidents & requests in accordance with the defined processes, including: Incident Management, Request Management, Service Desk Function, Change Management.
- Active fault finding, troubleshooting and service restoration for Broadcast & Dataservices deliveries
- Follow up, Monitor and update relevant incidents/tickets with focus on SLA (Service Level Agreement) violation
- Establish, develop and improve technical operational routines/procedures
- Provide input to the incident follow-up activities on a weekly basis
- Resource for 3rd line activities. Take part in faultfinding on escalated incidents and problems (coordinated via Line Manager / Support Engineer)
- Develop and maintain own competence.
Qualifications and personal qualities
- Bachelor degree in IT/Engineering or other relevant education. Relevant experience can compensate for the lack of formal education.
- Cisco certified, CCENT or other network/routing training courses
- Experience in Satellite communications is an advantage
- Fluent in English and Norwegian language
- Use of support tools, ticketing systems and reporting tools
- High work capacity and strong sense of responsibility
- Ability to desire to learn and take on new competences
- Ability to stay calm in stressed situations
- Pro-active, embrace change, work agile
- Customer focused, solution oriented and have experience in Customer Support
- If needed, be safety cleared in relation to Norwegian law
- A unique opportunity to be part of Telenor Satellite and influence the future of our company
- Be part of a highly competent and responsible NOC team in a challenging and exciting working environment
- Modern work environment with advanced IT solutions
- Great opportunities for professional development and achievements
- Salary based upon qualifications
- Work location is Nittedal Teleport
- Working hours at NOC to the current shift plan
- Application deadline as soon as possible.
- Contact person: Vidar Moen, Manager Network Operation Centre, +47 91658902
- We conduct background checks on all relevant candidates
About Telenor Satellite
Telenor Satellite is a premium wholesaler across three divisions; Broadcast, Occasional Use Broadcast and Data Services. We work with the industry’s leading antenna suppliers for land and sea services, the biggest direct-to-home (DTH) providers across the Nordics and Central Eastern Europe for broadcast TV and all of the world’s largest broadcasters for video services.
We serve over 18 million homes, nearly 1,500 vessels, 600 land terminals and deliver services to more than 400 broadcasters.