An exciting opportunity has arisen as Mechanical Designer - Energy Storage. In this position, you will have a key role in developing and actively managing our product range within energy storage. You will be a part of a collaborative environment interfacing with several different departments and functions. This is an opportunity to be part of a transformative experience within Kongsberg Maritime, gearing up for the future of smart electrification. The right person for this role will enthusiastically share and demonstrate specialist knowledge while supporting your colleagues with energy storage insights and expertise.
You will be a port of the Division Integrated Solutions who is responsible for product and technology development, supply chain operations and project delivery for all Kongsberg's Automation, Bridge Systems and Electro products and solutions. The business unit you will be a part of, Energy Products, provides a complete portfolio of electrification, drives -and energy storage products for marine applications. The new K-Power product range includes switchboards, electric drives, batteries with a unique approach to energy management and integration with overall vessel control. We aim to pave the way for more efficient operation and design of the energy system.
The following products are part of our Energy Storage Systems:
- Energy Storage Unit
- Energy Storage Converter
- Energy Storage Deckhouse
- Mechanical Design and Development of energy storage cabinet systems
- 3D modeling of sheet metal for cabinet design
- Assists the Product Managers with day-to-day technical follow up on the Energy Storage products
- Mechanical sizing and fixing of bus bars using standardized copper.
- Accountable for performing mechanical testing and evaluation of prototype design
- Mechanical Design towards own factory and 3rd party assembly plants
Qualifications and Experience
- Master of Science or Bachelor of Science within Mechanical engineering. Relevant experience may compensate for formal education
- Experience from product development or cabinet design is an advantage
- Excellent knowledge in 3D mechanical design tools (Inventor, AutoCad)
- Knowledge of NX and Teamcenter is an advantage
- Mechanical design including strength calculations, structural analyses using tools like Inventor Nastran is an advantage
- Minimum 3 years’ experience from mechanical design in the field
- Knowledge of marine industry standard, classification rules and flag states, is an advantage
- Fluent written and oral communication skills in English
You are able to
- act on own initiative, make things happen and accepts responsibility for the results
- adhere to company rules and procedures and execute plans with commitment and determination
- use a methodical and systematic approach, plan ahead, define clear priorities and allocates resources effectively
- analyse complex issues and problems and come up with rational judgments
- co-operate well with others, share knowledge, experience, information and support others in the pursuit of team goals
What we can offer you
With us, you will be offered a competitive salary and benefit packages with good development opportunities in an international environment. We have flexible work hours and holiday arrangements in addition to a good pension and insurance scheme. We offer an inspiring and safe work-environment and the possibility to work with sustainable and exciting solutions for the future.
Kongsberg Maritime, a subsidiary of KONGSBERG, is a global marine technology company, providing innovative and reliable technology solutions for all marine industry sectors including merchant, offshore, subsea and naval. Kongsberg Maritime is part of KONGSBERG, an international, knowledge-based group delivering high-technology systems and solutions to clients within the oil and gas industry, merchant marine, defense and aerospace
At Kongsberg, we believe in tackling challenging problems and delivering extreme performance for extreme conditions. We do that through excellent products and services developed for delivering the greatest benefits to our customers.