Local Unit & Position Description: Do you want to join a global, growth-oriented company working closely with customers to tackle the biggest global transformation in a generation: the energy transition?
We are seeking a proactive and engaged junior corrosion and materials engineer to our Materials Advisory group. Be part of DNVâs dynamic and competent materials advisory team in Norway.
Our team of 50 materials and structural engineers create and deliver world class services within materials advisory and laboratory testing that range from early concept, through engineering and operations, to lifetime extension, decommissioning and abandonment. The materials advisory group is widely recognized in DNV and in the industry, and we are working in an international environment and serving customers both in Norway and globally.
A core discipline within the Materials Advisory group is corrosion technology which also includes material selection and cathodic protection. These areas are critical for traditional O&G industry, but also fundamental for other energy industries, e.g. offshore wind, hydrogen transport and utilization, carbon capture and storage, and solar energy.
We are looking for a candidate that combine a passion for materials and corrosion technology, strong academic credentials, professional ambition and good communications skills.
The service portfolio offered by the team covers key aspects of technical consultancy and advisory such as:
- Material selection for environments such as seawater, CO2, hydrogen and Oil &
- Gas production
- Anti-corrosion design and cathodic protection
- Lifetime extension assessments
- Corrosion mechanism evaluations
- Corrosion and environmental testing evaluations
- Technology qualification
- Failure analysis and root cause investigations
- Development of DNV standards and recommended practices within materials and corrosion technology
Working with DNV gives a unique opportunity to become part of a large & highly competent professional network (nationally and internationally) within a wide range of technical disciplines. You will be working alongside and be able to learn from leading experts in several areas. You will be able to shape the future of the team to grow a sound business capitalizing on own networks and the wide competence base of DNV, as well as fully embracing the opportunities offered by digitalization.
- Higher technical education (masterâs degree, Ph.D. or equivalent) in relevant discipline (Corrosion Engineering, Materials Technology)
- Recent graduate or some years of relevant experience
- Digital skills, and interest in applying these skills to enhance value and efficiency of services is a strong advantage
- Some knowledge and experience within one or more of the following topics would be an advantage:
- Cathodic protection
- Material selection
- The ocean industries such as Offshore wind, Oil & Gas and Maritime including business drivers and technical challenges
- Knowledge of green technologies (Hydrogen, batteries, carbon capture and storage, solar energy)
- Fluency in English and Norwegian written and spoken or a clear ambition to attain working capabilities in Norwegian language
- Self-starter, open-minded, able to work independently, but also being a strong team player with a passion to generate customer value.
- Ability to seek and leverage the expertise of others
- Customer oriented mindset and excellent communication skills
- Technically strong in own discipline and highly motivated individual with good interpersonal, communication, and networking skills
- Pro-active and self-motivated individual with solution-oriented attitude.
What we offer:
- A meaningful job with one of Norwayâs most attractive employers
- Strong company culture with emphasis on competence development
- Great colleagues who value teamwork and support
- International working environment
- Attractive total compensation package
- Competetive terms and conditions
- Be part of a world leading company that has a global reach with more than 12 000 employees around to world and headquartered in Norway.
- Flexible working hours and focus on work/life balance
- 6 weeks annual vacation
- Social events, sports and team building activities
- Free shuttle bus from Sandvika and SkÃ¸yen
- Meet other young professionals through established networks
- Well-equipped exercise center
- Close access to the sea and surrounding park with possibility for different outdoor activities
For further questions please contact:
- Sondre LÃ¸ken, Group Leader - Materials Advisory, +47 40221243
Company & Business Area Description: DNV is the independent expert in assurance and risk management, operating in more than 100 countries. Through our broad experience and deep expertise we advance safety and sustainable performance, set industry benchmarks, and inspire and invent solutions.
We provide assurance to the entire energy value chain through our advisory, monitoring, verification, and certification services. As the world's leading resource of independent energy experts and technical advisors, we help industries and governments to navigate the many complex, interrelated transitions taking place globally and regionally, in the energy industry. We are committed to realizing the goals of the Paris Agreement, and support all stakeholders to transition faster to a deeply decarbonized energy system.
Equal Opportunity Statement: DNV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity!
Location: Veritasveien 1, HÃ¸vik
Job Type: Full-time