Skuld is a world-leading marine insurance provider with a strong financial position and an 'A' rating with Standard & Poor's. In Skuld, service and competence is key. We believe in teamwork, sharing knowledge and supporting our customers.
Skuld was established in Oslo in 1897 as a P&I club for Scandinavian shipowners. Since then, we have grown into a diversified marine insurer and now offer bespoke covers through Skuld P&I and Skuld Hull. Serving the marine community can be challenging, but also very rewarding. Our purpose statement ‘Protecting ocean industries’ underlines our role in society and our commitment to customers, the global ocean industries and a sustainable development.
Read more about Skuld: www.skuld.com
Skuld now offers an exciting opportunity to kick-start your career within marine insurance. As a Maritime Trainee in Skuld you will follow an 18-month Trainee-programme that will give you broad insight into underwriting and business development, while working for a world-leading marine insurance provider.
Through the programme you will acquire in-depth knowledge of Skuld’s business within a broad range of areas. You will be trained as an Underwriter in Oslo and build strong customer relations across regional markets. You will assess risks and prepare insurance covers to meet existing customer needs, and to acquire new customers.
During the programme, you will also be assigned to at least one of our offices abroad. Upon completion of the programme, you will subsequently continue in a permanent position in Skuld. The programme starts in August 2022.
Main areas of responsibility
- Build and maintain effective business relationships with members, clients and brokers in order to attract and retain profitable business
- Promote Skuld’s broad range of marine insurance products and partake in marketing efforts
- Perform accurate risk assessment, selection, evaluation and pricing
- Provide and negotiate required covers and products
- Renew and sign new insurances
- Contribute with presentations, tenders and marketing material for new and existing customers
- Actively acquire new knowledge and experience as an Underwriter, and seek guidance from senior colleagues
- Contribute to an open, friendly and trusting working environment
- Economics, Law, Business Administration or Sales & Marketing degree at Master level
- Relevant work experience during studies is beneficial, and our candidate should not have done more than maximum one year of relevant post-study work
- Excellent English communication and presentation skills – verbal and written
- Able to present and facilitate towards members, clients, brokers and internally
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Capacity to take on a heavy workload and work efficiently under pressure
- High degree of initiative, service orientation, flexibility and creativity
Living our values, you are:
- Accurate – you never compromise on precision, reliability and quality
- Bold – you take part in transforming our industry to face future challenges
- Caring – you care for our customers, our people and our business
- Dedicated – you go the extra mile and are a good Skuld ambassador
If you want to be part of the ocean industry and a highly international environment, Skuld is the perfect place to be. In Skuld you will be close to the business, have hands on responsibilities and excellent possibilities for both personal and professional development. We focus on service and quality in everything we do and constantly develop our business to meet the future needs of shipowners, the offshore and energy sector, charterers and traders, and the superyacht community.
We offer competitive benefits, a social workplace and inspiring leaders in a team-oriented organisation of 280 highly skilled and engaged employees. We are proud to have a high focus on a sound work-life balance, empowerment, flexibility and trust.
Are you ready to join the Skuld team? We look forward to hearing from you!