Employment type: Permanent Employee
Application end date: 10/15/2021
Contact person: Helge Maubach
Contact number: 990 96 020
Odfjell Drilling is looking for two technical maritime trainees that will rotate within various departments in our business area for Mobile Offshore Drilling Units (MODU). Following completion of the trainee program, it is the intention that the trainee will continue in a permanent position in MODU. This will be dependent on the traineeâs performance, motivation and interest, combined with the companyâs development and requirements. Former maritime trainees are now found in internal leading positions.
Our trainees will be a part of one of the leading management program in Norway, Maritime Trainee, which is organised for the industry by the Norwegian Shipownerâs Association (Rederiforbundet). The program lasts for 18 months and combines working in a world leading drilling company with an academic program with five modules in Norway, Singapore and London. This program gives you an outstanding way to start your career. In our MODU department, you will be challenged within fleet management, technical department, digitalization and finance.
The positions will be based at our head office in Kokstad, Bergen, although offshore travel is a large requirement and extensive flexibility is vital in order to succeed within the trainee program.
Ideal candidates should also be interested and willing to write their master thesis in co-operation with Odfjell Drilling.
In addition to following the Norwegian Ship Associationâs trainee program, the trainees will rotate within various departments in our business area for Mobile Units. The work scope will include:
The candidates will be offered basic offshore safety training and exposed to frequent offshore travel during the program. The aim is to introduce and let the candidatesâ cover several of our offshore positions within our MODU fleet.
- Provide technical support to business and project development activities within the business area
- Risk, safety and environmental impact assessments
- Concept development and qualification within digitalization projects
- Participate in class renewal projects
- Build and maintain project and financial models
- Prepare marketing proposals and other related materials
- Support in tender processes
- Assist in following up with existing customers and contract management
- Analyze trends and operational data
- Provide support to and back up for MODU Operations as and when required
- Participate in specific projects as required
- Assist in daily operations, coordination of repairs, maintenance and modifications of the rigs
Masterâs degree in engineering, with a specialization in naval architecture, marine, petroleum, cybernetics, robotics, software or mechanical engineering and/or data science.
- You have a strong personal interest in the offshore industry
- Solid computer skills
- Fluent in Norwegian and English language
- Strong analytical and reasoning ability
Personal Qualities: *
You have the ambition of making a difference!
- You are curious and have the drive to accomplish and fulfil tasks
- You possess energy and drive
- You identify with our values: committed, safety conscious, creative, competent & result oriented
- You are a team-player and have good communication skills
- You have a solution oriented attitude
- You are flexible and service minded
- You have the willingness and desire to travel, and the ability to function in business cultures on all continents
We offer: *
A challenging position and good opportunities for individual and professional development
- A competent working environment, high employee satisfaction and enthusiastic colleagues
- Offshore safety course together with an individual training program designed just for you
- Competitive terms
- Excellent insurance schemes including health-insurance
- Flexible work-hours
- In-house gym-facilities
Follow us on:
Odfjell Drilling Group has defined five core values in order to describe our basis for business operation and decision making. These values describe our managers and personnel's competence and personality:
COMMITTED - SAFETY CONSCIOUS - CREATIVE - COMPETENT - RESULT ORIENTED
The Company emphazises in its recruitment policy to build teams with a diversified group of people, with regards to age, sex and cultural background.
Job Type: Permanent