Employment type: Permanent Employee
Application end date: 10/24/2021
Contact person: Tord Eirik Mongstad
Contact number: 91387365
Odfjell Drilling MODU is looking to employ a Marine superintendent at our office in Bergen to take part in the combined effort of our team that consist of academic skilled personnel, personnel with operational marine and maritime experience ensures optimized operations of our MODUâs.
The *_Marine Superintendent*_ is part of the marine operational authority within Odfjell Drilling MODU and takes part in development of- and implementing operational philosophies and procedures. The responsibility also includes compliance assurance and QC of marine operations, assessment of technical conditions on offshore units and response to critical events._
Qualification/ Experience/ Knowledge: *
- Certified Master Mariner class 1 or Deck officer class 2/3. (extensive practical experience from relevant marine operations may compensate for lack of formal certification)
- Operational experience, preferably from MODU
- Knowledge and experience from Dynamic positioning operations
- Relevant experience from marine offshore operations
- Knowledge and experience from marine operations in harsh environments, such as DP-operations, Posmoor-operations and rig moves.
- Familiar with applicable laws, rules, regulations and standards (such as DNVGL, NMA, PSA, NORSOK, IMCA and others)
Job Description / Work Tasks:
- Responsible for planning and following up on marine operations.
- Support Odfjell Drilling operated units in various activities within the field of expertise, herein planning and execution of DP/Posmoor operations, rig moves, modifications and upgrades. Etc.
- Take a leading role in development projects and initiatives within the field of marine operations
- Communication with rig organization/client, operational personnel, project managers and external third parties.
- Passion for marine operations
- Analytical mindset with an ability to navigate complex challenges
- Committed, motivated and safety conscious
- Creative and constructive
- Good verbal and written communication skills, Norwegian and English as a minimum
- Team player and developer
Follow us on:
Odfjell Drilling Group has defined five core values in order to describe our basis for business operation and decision making. These values describe our managers and personnel's competence and personality:
COMMITTED - SAFETY CONSCIOUS - CREATIVE - COMPETENT - RESULT ORIENTED
The Company emphazises in its recruitment policy to build teams with a diversified group of people, with regards to age, sex and cultural background.
Job Type: Permanent
Work Location: Multiple Locations