My name is Stephan Martinussen and I am the Global Head of HSSEQ and Marine operations. I am looking to further strengthen my team with a Marine Operations Manager, who is keen to engage with people and put safety at the forefront of everything we do.
You will become an important part of our global team and be the key driver of our continuous work to make every day a safe day for our colleagues and operations globally. You will do this by actively driving our safety and marine standards agenda forward by proactively communicating and collecting feedback, by creating a community of constant learnings and development and create an open and cooperative approach to how we improve on safety.
Your team members are highly motivated and lots of fun, and their expertise and drive are anchored by having a strong passion and background in the maritime industry. We are all highly engaged and value sparring, teamwork and open and honest feedback.
As our new colleague you will ensure that we learn from our operation through incident investigation, day-to-day operation and audits. Training your colleagues in marine competencies with special focus on our master’s and support will be part of your daily activities, and you will support our Commercial department with guidance and input on commercial activities to ensure we deliver timely with quality.
- Drive the Svitzer audit framework ensuring a standardized high-quality model where sea and shore employees engage and learn from audits ensuring Svitzer employees and fleet work in a compliant and safe way
- Evaluate and support regions with incident handling and reporting ensuring we can extract all learnings from incidents as well as being able to provide a comprehensive report for both internal and external parties. This is done in close liaison with the HSE Manager
- Ensure a globally aligned functional marine training framework including embedding learnings from audits and incidents into the ongoing training and recruitment.
- Ensure vessel relocations in Svitzer are doing in a safe and compliant way.
- Provide support to commercial tender work in close liaison with the Senior Marine Operations Manager and the operational tender team.
We are looking for
- Master Mariner with significant experience in tug operation
- Fluent in verbal and written English
- Formal Qualification in QA/HSE an advantage
- Knowledge of Quality and Safety Management Systems
- Poses IT administrative & analytical capabilities to use IT tools, reports and metrics.
As a person you are a fast learner, ambitious and keen to meet and exceed expectations from the global organization. You are proactive and hence the first step comes natural to you. You feel comfortable in a dynamic, international environment, where you communicate and engage at all levels with ease. You have a structured approach to the daily execution, and you maintain a high focus on results and details even under pressure.
Moreover, we would appreciate that you have knowledge and experience in Management Systems, Risk Management and incident investigation however for the right candidate we will provide the necessary training or upskilling. You are familiar with the international regulations e.g. SOLAS, ISM Code and MARPOL and possess a high proficiency in written, verbal and technical English.
You can expect around 50 travel days a year, but we have very flexible working hours and all value a lot of flexibility in our daily work routine to keep a natural balance. You report to HQ in Copenhagen, but relocation is optional.
We look forward to hearing from you.