BW Epic Kosan owns and operates a fleet of 76 modern and high quality Refrigerated, Semi-refrigerated and Fully Pressurised gas carriers providing seaborne services for the transportation of Liquefied petroleum gas (LPG), Ethylene, Ethane and petrochemicals. Our vessels serve as a crucial link in the international gas supply chains of leading oil majors and commodity trading houses throughout Southeast Asia, Europe, West Africa and the Americas. We employ approximately 2000 seafarers and a multi-national team of over 180 shore-based staff.
DESIGNATION : MARINE OPERATIONS MANAGER - SINGAPORE & COPENHAGEN OFFICE
- Reporting to Fleet Manager, Marine & Security.
- Manage the daily Marine operational aspects of a group of vessels covering – navigation, mooring, deck equipment, safety equipment, Port arrival / departure & STS operations and general condition.
- Manage and ensure safe cargo operations of loading / discharging, grade change, tank preparation.
- Work in conjunction with the Technical team for Drydock specification, planning and execution.
- Responsible for the vessel’s 3rd party inspections – SIRE, CDI, PSC, USCG, Terminal, Flag etc.
- Conduct Management Inspections and Internal audits on ships. Identify areas for improvement and verify implementation of the corrective and preventive action.
- Review and respond to vessel reports – Navigational, Safety, SIRE/CDI inspection, PSC inspections, Internal audits, Near misses, Incidents/Accidents.
- Liaise with interested parties such as Class, Oil Majors, Ship Owners, Suppliers and other stakeholders to ensure vessel’s are certificated in accordance to International regulations.
- Review vessels record keeping and documentation to comply to International regulations and Company’s Policies and Procedures.
- Manage and monitor all planned and unplanned repairs to ensure conducted safely.
- Prepare and conduct trainings for officers and crew.
- Conduct safety, environmental and security drills onboard to assess effectiveness.
- Conduct appraisals of Officers and recommend actions.
- Interview deck officers to evaluate suitability for selection/promotion.
- Conduct investigation of incidents/accidents on board when appointed to do so by the Fleet Managers.
- Holding Master Mariner Certificate of Competency.
- Sailing experience as a Master or Chief Officer on LPG / Ethylene / Ethane Vessels
- Technologically driven, comfortable working in a digital environment, logical process development.
- No shore experience required.
- Ability to travel at short notice and manage 24/7 on call lifestyle.
- Ability to develop, improve and implement safe, and cost-effective technical vessel management processes.
- An in-depth knowledge of the rules and regulations governing vessels’ management.
- Committed and responsible in meeting deadlines with excellent time management skills.
- Independent, outcome driven, organized and resourceful.
- Strong team orientation and has the ability to manage cross-functional relationships in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
BW Epic Kosan offers exciting and rewarding career opportunities to bright and ambitious people, who have the skills and determination to succeed in a career in the maritime industry.
Our success is attributed to attracting, developing and retaining among the best people our industry has to offer. We place great emphasis on developing talent and maximizing the opportunities for our staff to progress within the company.
This is a unique opportunity to work for one of the most progressive companies in the industry. Interested candidates should submit their covering letter and a detailed curriculum vitae to the Human Resource Department. Website: www.bwek.com
Information for Recruitment Agencies:
Please be informed that BW Epic Kosan operates on a Preferred Supplier List (PSL) and will not be accepting unsolicited applications from non-PSL agencies.
We regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.