Are you a qualified leader, and do you have experience with management of technical support in an international environment? Then have a look at this exciting opportunity to develop your career at Vestas, a market leader in sustainable energy!
EVP NCE > Region NCE > Technical Support Offshore
Offshore Technical Support NCE is a sub-department of Technical Support NCE, which supports the Service and Construction business with offshore knowledge and acting as the link between R&D and the local business units.
We mainly provide support to Service Technicians in troubleshooting and repairing tasks, answer technical questions to both internal and external customers and participate in customer meetings when required.
We are now looking for a Manager to head our Offshore Technical Support NCE team.
Your key responsibility will be to supervise and motivate a cross-border team of technical experts and ensure high-quality and timely offshore technical support to the service department(s) to achieve maximum customer satisfaction (internal and external). You will be the one point of contact for any type of offshore technical support issues in Service. Further, your primary tasks will include:
- Enable your team to work in a matrix and cross-regional organisation and establish/share best practices within the functions
- Continuous optimisation of processes and workflows in Offshore Technical Support NCE
- Disciplinary and technical management of the Offshore WTG Support Engineers, ensure continuously development of the team members to maintain a highly skilled organisation
- Communication, implementation and tracking of regional as well as global projects, such as strategy, harmonisation and cost-out initiatives, deliver input for CIM initiatives and optimisations, reduction of downtimes on turbines
- Development, introduction and monitoring of global initiatives such as lean management, cost reduction, platform management, etc.
The ideal candidate is expected to have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering with previous experience in leading a support team in a technical support organisation with a high customer focus
- Experience in building up a tier-structured technical function and in optimising multiple interfaces
- Project management skills and knowledge of systematised problem-solving methodology (e.g. 8D or DMAIC)
- Fluency in English, both verbally and in writing. Linguistic skills in Danish is a plus
We envision that you have the following competencies:
- Well-organised and methodical approach to your work and a pragmatical attitude to your problem-solving, and able to adjust in an everchanging environment
- Great interpersonal skills and cultural understanding since you will work with many stakeholders from all over the world across the organisation
- A convincing and motivating communicator
- Good leadership skills, leading by example and willing to make the necessary decisions with limited supervision
What we offer
In this position, you'll be able to put your experience to the test in a modern and growing company. You will have the opportunity to take part in strengthening Vestas' position in key markets with significant perspectives of growth. Join Vestas and you will cultivate your career in an inspiring environment at a global company within sustainable energy. We value personal initiative, the desire to take on responsibility, and the right balance between creativity and quality in all solutions. At Vestas, your success is our success.
We offer you an exciting job in a highly technical skilled team. This position will bring you great opportunities for professional and personal development.
Your primary work location will be at one of our offices in Aarhus, Denmark or Warrington, UK.
Approximately up to 30 travel days per year is to be expected.
Applications are handled on an ongoing basis, so please apply online as soon as possible and no later than the 10th of November 2021.
For additional information about the position please contact Senior Manager, Technical Support NCE Sabrina Bünger at +49 1 60936 02281.
Vestas is proud to be the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Vestas strives to be the most inclusive workplace in the sustainable energy industry and ensure equal opportunities for everyone regardless of the social identity. We are stronger as a company not despite our differences, but because of them, both professionally and personally. Beyond a diverse workforce, we want to ensure that all of our employees are included and actively contributing to Vestas’ success and innovation. Only then can we become the global leader in sustainable energy solutions and ensure sustainability in everything we do.
At Vestas, we offer global opportunities for people with growth mindsets and the desire to make a shared and positive impact. We work in the true spirit of our corporate values: accountability, simplicity, collaboration, and passion. We expect everyone to live up to these in their day to day work – no matter what you do and where you are in the organisation.
Learn more about Vestas at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels