The world urgently needs to move to a low carbon society. LNG is an integral part of the solution and BW LNG strives to deliver competitive solutions to support this development. Our core business lies in two main segments, LNG Shipping and Gas Solutions. Our Shipping unit brings LNG to where it is needed. Our Gas Solutions unit develops, owns and operates floating gas infrastructure. We create floating solutions for LNG to support progress towards a low-carbon society. BW LNG is part of BW Group, which is a leading global maritime company involved in shipping, maritime infrastructure, and new sustainable technologies. Founded in 1955, BW controls a fleet of over 450 vessels and other floating assets, including oil production, gas import terminals, and wind-farm installation. The Group’s fleet of over 200 LNG and LPG ships constitutes the largest gas fleet in the world. In the renewables space, the Group has investments in solar, wind, batteries, biofuels and water treatment. BW has nine publicly listed affiliates on the Oslo and New York Stock Exchange. Our main operating centers are in Singapore, Copenhagen, Oslo, Houston, London, Manila, Mumbai and Rio de Janeiro.
Are you ready to make an impact?
What drives us is our mission to deliver energy for the world today, and to find solutions for tomorrow. If you want to make lives better around the world by providing access to energy, while working on sustainability and decarbonization, we’d like to hear from you. Working at BW you will feel the pulse of the world each day. If something happens in the world, we feel it, and you can play your part by anticipating and responding to it. Our high-performing teams are drawn to BW by the global nature of our work and the satisfaction of working with collaborative people who inspire each other to deliver exceptional results.
JOIN US FOR THE FUTURE
We are looking for an experienced:
LNG / FSRU Operator
BW LNG is looking for a highly motivated and self-driven LNG/ FSRU Operator to join our Operations team. Based in Oslo, this position will have overall operational responsibility for designated vessels. The role requires following up on charter party requirements, day to day vessel & cargo operations as well as performance warranties. The role involves working closely with Charterers, Contract management team and technical fleet organization based in Oslo to support our customers, in constant pursuit of operational excellence.
- Overall commercial operational responsibility for designated LNG / FSRU vessels to ensure optimum operational performance in accordance with Charter party and industry standards
- Manage daily fleet operational activities and coordinate with Vessel and fleet management team
- Manage Charterers’ expectation and deliverables in accordance with Charter Party terms and provide pre and post fixture support
- Supervise and verify all voyage and cargo information processed between office, vessels, and charterers in accordance with the charter party requirements
- Carry out ship shore compatibility studies and maintain close relations with terminals
- Liaising with BWFM concerning vessels safety, vetting, navigation, and cargo work to ensure compliance with company procedures and industry mandatory requirements
- Monitor and record all relevant voyage performance including off-hire, stoppages, and delays
- Liaise with local agents and port authorities to ensure smooth handling of spare parts, services, and surveys
- Performance monitoring and carry out voyage calculations as per warranties
- Drive performance improvement initiatives and sharing best practices
- Educated to Degree level or holding equivalent seafaring experience. Master / Chief Officer experience would be an advantage
- Minimum 3 years’ relevant experience in the LNG industry in a shipping operations / technical role
- Understanding of Gas Tanker Operations and Charter Party Contracts
- Fluent in both, written and spoken English
- Proficient in report writing. Prompt in reporting and communications
- Ability to handle several tasks in parallel
- Structured and well organized
- Flexible and reliable
- Customer Focus
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, including cultural awareness
- Competitive terms
- Professional challenges in a global organization
- A highly competent, open, and friendly environment
The position is based at our Oslo office. If interested in this position, please send your application by 15th May 2022. For further information, please contact: Riju Cherian, Head of Contract Management and Operations, phone: +47 4625 7666 or Katja Heggedal, Head of HR on +47 9770 6092.
- Riju Cherian, +4746257666
- Katja Heggedal, +4797706092