Imagine a future where you engage stakeholders on how safeguarding and improving ocean biodiversity plays a significant part in a resilient, net-zero future
Join us in this role where you’ll lead our global public affairs within ocean biodiversity in collaboration with global and market environment teams. Ocean-based solutions are key to tackling climate change, not least through the build-out of offshore wind. The industry must shape its enormous growth potential in coexistence with activities such as shipping and fisheries, ecosystems, and natural habitats. We’re deeply engaged in how to harvest the vast energy potential of our oceans while also improving ocean biodiversity.
Welcome to Global Public Affairs & Sustainability Solutions
You’ll be part of Global Public Affairs where you, together with your colleagues, will engage global stakeholders in intergovernmental fora, global associations, think tanks, and NGOs that shape global policy and thinking around a sustainable use of the oceans. You’ll work to position the company as a thought leader within sustainable oceans management and work closely with our markets to shape policy around oceans and biodiversity, e.g. by identifying and sharing best practice on stakeholder engagement in markets and at project level.
You’ll play an important role in:
- developing and executing a strategy for engaging global stakeholders in order to shape the agenda on sustainable oceans management and the role of the offshore wind industry
- working closely with our national market level organisations that build and operate offshore wind in order to shape policies and approaches to offshore wind with respect to oceans and biodiversity
- identifying and developing impactful best practice stakeholder engagement at market and project level on oceans and biodiversity management and facilitating knowledge-sharing across the global organisation
- drawing up communication strategies to position the company as a thought leader among global and national stakeholders
- overseeing content development and campaign execution with our inhouse agency
- advising top management on positioning and messaging with respect to sustainable oceans management, including preparation of briefs and speaking notes for conferences, panels, and media appearances.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a strategic orientation that allows you to proactively identify medium and long-term priorities and translate them into short-term actions
- have a deep insight into the global stakeholder landscape within sustainable oceans management and maritime biodiversity
- possess strong stakeholder engagement competences
- have an analytical ability to understand detailed knowledge and turn it into strong communication and innovative policy asks
- have excellent written and verbal top-down communication skills
- speak and write English at a native or at the least at a professional level.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 19 May 2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Rasmus Nikolaj Due Skov, Head of Global PA & Sust. Solutions, on +4599559049 if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.
About the job
Application deadline: 19 May 2021
Working hours: Full-time
Employment type: Permanent
Rasmus Nikolaj Due Skov
Head of Global PA & Sust. Solutions
- 6,000 employees worldwide.
- Headquartered in Denmark and located in 13 countries.
- Ørsted develops, constructs and operates offshore and onshore wind farms, solar farms, energy storage facilities, and bioenergy plants, and provides energy products to its customers.
- Our vision is to create a world that runs entirely on green energy.
An inclusive team
Ørsted wants all employees to have the same opportunities for impact and growth, regardless of age, nationality, disability, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation or beliefs. We’re committed to secure an inclusive work environment characterised by a respect for all people so everyone feels free to openly share their input and ideas.
What we offer
- Pension scheme, health insurance and five weeks of holiday entitled by the Danish Holiday Act. In addition to the five weeks of holiday, you’ll also receive a total of 10 paid days off for holiday purposes and fixed holidays per holiday year. For new employees, the allocation of paid holidays is made on a pro rata basis, depending on the date of employment.