We invite you to bring your professional engineering background and education into play, as you contribute to the development of future offshore energy projects around the world to support the increasing demand for green energy. To succeed in this role, you must have a technical background combined with the ability to collaborate with multidisciplinary teams.
Are you our new Junior Structural Engineer? Click the apply-button to send your application.
Inviting bright minds
Do you want to push the boundaries of your profession and develop your excellence in an open, collaborative and empowering culture? We work to create a sustainable future and our inspiring projects and innovative solutions aim to set the standard among our peers. You will join a global company that has been growing successfully since its founding in 1945. Together, we lead and leave a positive impact on societies, companies and people around the world.
You will join our Structures department
As our new Junior Structural Engineer, you will be part of an exceptional technical environment with passionate colleagues located in Denmark and India. The department is highly experienced and delivers engineering and consultancy services on a global scale within the energy sector. You will be working closely together with very skilled structural engineers, which together with great variety in tasks give you a unique possibility for a steep learning curve.
The primary focus areas of the department are the offshore wind and oil and gas sectors. Our services cover a broad range of services within the Structural discipline. We cover all aspects of a project including concept and feasibility studies, FEED, detailed engineering, EPC and follow-up engineering.
Your key tasks and responsibilities will be:
- Design of structural solutions for offshore topsides structures (modification of existing facilities and new designs) – both within Offshore wind and Oil & Gas platforms
- Preparing design calculations, analyses and structural documentation using various structural analysis programs or desktop calculations (e.g. MathCad, FE-programs)
- Design of structural details (topsides) incl. input for 3D CAD and 2D CAD drafting bringing drawings up to final issue for construction
- Reassessment of aging/existing offshore topsides structures via global analyses of the full structural system (using ROSAP, SACS or similar programs)
- Project tasks will vary from smaller to larger projects with varying length, content and complexity (From concept to Detail Design)
Your starting point for constant growth
From the moment you join Ramboll, we will support your personal and professional development so that you grow with the company. For this role, we believe your starting point is:
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in engineering, preferably in Structural/Civil, or alternatively Mechanical
- Minimum 0-3 years of experience within design of (offshore) steel structures. If you have some years of experience it is preferably from the offshore industry in Europe or other regions with offshore energy production – but we also welcome experience from other areas from the right candidate. If you are newly educated, you will be trained by working closely together with our very skilled structural engineers
- Working experience with finite element analysis of structures and detail design of structures is an advantage
- Good communication skills in English, written and verbally
Personal qualities that will help you succeed in this role include: a social, positive and extrovert personality. A proactive and result-driven nature capable of working both alone and in project teams. A large degree of adaptability, cultural awareness and capability of building strong work relationships. You a confident communicator and capable of innovative thinking while combining your strong technical background with practical solutions.
Welcome to our Energy division
Ramboll is at the forefront of addressing the green transition and offers a holistic approach to energy that supports the sector on the journey towards more sustainable solutions. With 1,800 experts in 14 countries, covering the full spectrum of technologies and all parts of the value chain from production and transmission to distribution, we plan, design and implement energy solutions all over the world.
Ramboll in Denmark
Ramboll is a leading engineering, architecture and consultancy company founded in Denmark in 1945, with 16,500 employees globally. In Denmark, we are 3,500 colleagues delivering innovative solutions within Buildings, Transport, Water, Environment & Health, Energy and Management Consulting. We invite you to contribute to a sustainable future, working in an open, collaborative and empowering culture.
An equal opportunity employer
At Ramboll, we respect human rights and believe that equality, diversity and inclusion foster the best results and a welcoming work environment without discrimination or harassment. Ramboll conducts all relations with its employees and applicants for employment in accordance with the applicable laws, directives, and regulations of the many countries in which we do business.
We invite everyone to become a part of our journey. We believe that diversity is a strength and that differences between people add value to our organization and allows us to play our part in creating sustainable societies.
How to apply
Apply online. Attach your CV, cover letter and relevant documents showcasing why you are the right fit for the role, and when you are available to start. We look forward to receiving your application.
Deadline: 1st August 2021 .