Local Unit & Position Description: Do you want to become part of our DNV Maritime Advisory team in Trondheim?
In our Control Systems and Cybernetics Advisory Section in Trondheim, we are working closely with maritime clients on a day-to-day basis. This includes designers, shipyards, shipowners/rig owners and E&P companies.
Through our global network, you will be part of exciting projects together with clients all over the world.
You will help us deliver challenging projects by developing simulation models (digital twins) for vessel performance estimation and testing of complex onboard control systems. The work also includes maintenance and development of existing and future technologies and services related to establishing digital twins based on time-domain simulations, using cloud infrastructure and web technologies.
You will be working in a team with activities including:
- Contributing to projects studying vessel performance (station-keeping, motion, fuel consumption, etc.) for different offshore operations
- Contributing to projects involving simulator-based testing of control systems (Hardware in the Loop/Software in the Loop)
- Contributing to the development of tools and solutions for DP Capability analyses and vessel performance in general
- Development of simulation models
- Following up and contributing to improving the established agile framework and best practices
- Collaboration with other teams in Control Systems and Cybernetics Advisory and DNV
- Business development work for our services/products
- Some travel will be required, domestic/international
- Masterâs degree in Marine Technology/Engineering Cybernetics/Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- You are preferably still at University or finished your Master last year
- Some experience in software development, which includes familiarity with one or more of these programming languages and tools:
- Dev ops
- Fluent in English
Personal qualities we look for:
- Keen to learn new development tools and products
- Contributing to our development of best practices and finding new and creative ways to improve our way of working
- Ability to look beyond what is apparent to see trends and systemic impacts of underlying facts
- Pro-active consultant mindset, self-driven and creative
- Structured and systematic
- High degree of integrity in what you do
- Enjoying working in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple deliverables, and remaining flexible and service-minded
- General interest in the maritime industry
What we offer: *
- A meaningful job with one of Norwayâs most attractive employers. We are ranked #3 in the Young Professional Attractiveness Index 2020 and Norwayâs most attractive employer 2019 by Randstad
- A strong company culture with an emphasis on competence development
- Great colleagues who value teamwork and support
- International working environment
- Attractive total compensation package
- Competitive terms and conditions
- Be part of a world-leading company that has a global reach with more than 12 000 employees around to world and is headquartered in Norway
- Flexible working hours and focus on work/life balance
- 6 weeks annual vacation
- Social events, sports, and team building activities
- Meet other young professionals through established networks and informal events by CONNECT
Interested applicants can send an application letter, CV and transcript/references by clicking on the "Apply for this job online" button.
If you have questions about the application process, please contact:
Odd Charles Hestnes, Head of Control Systems and Cybernetics Advisory, + 47 90 10 12 40
Please be informed you may be requested to provide DNV with additional documents for a background check.
You will be hired on local conditions.
Interviews will be held on an on-going basis.
Company & Business Area Description: DNV is the independent expert in risk management and assurance, with almost 12,000 employees operating in more than 100 countries. Through our broad experience and deep expertise we advance safety and sustainable performance, set industry benchmarks, and inspire and invent solutions.
We are the worldâs leading classification society and a recognized advisor for the maritime industry. We enhance safety, quality, energy efficiency and environmental performance of the global shipping industry â across all vessel types and offshore structures. We invest heavily in research and development to find solutions, together with the industry, that address strategic, operational or regulatory challenges.
Equal Opportunity Statement: DNV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity!
Location: Sluppenvegen 19, Trondheim
Job Type: Permanent