DNV Maritime Norway has a total of 110 employees, working from 12 offices along the Norwegian coast. The unit is responsible for all our services to the maritime cluster in Norway. The main activities are classification and surveys of ships, mobile rigs, floating production units and certification of equipment from local manufacturers.
We are now looking for a junior surveyor to join our team in Haugesund.
In DNV our vision is to be a trusted voice to tackle global transformations, which supports our long lasting purpose to safeguard life, property and the environment.
- Certification of materials and components for ships and offshore units.
- Survey of equipment, electrical and automation installations at manufacturers intended for ships, offshore installations and newbuilding’s.
- Survey of electrical and automation systems onboard ships, MoUs and newbuildings.
- Regularly meet and interact with our customers and support with technical assistance to clients.
- Project coordination, project follow-up and progress monitoring.
- Following up periodical surveys and assessments at customer sites and providing local support both on site and remotely.
- The work is carried out within our geographical area, but some travel/offshore work must be expected.
We are looking for a surveyor with master/bachelor’s degree in Science or Engineering.
- The candidate needs preferably to cover several fields of competence and the following education background is applicable: technical education within control and monitoring and/or electrical engineering.
- Interest and willingness to build competence within the above-mentioned disciplines
- Valid driver’s license.
- The ideal candidate has 0-5 years of working experience.
Passion for working closely with customers.
- Self-driven and willing to share.
- Open to change, proactive, and with a service-minded attitude.
- Ability to work individually as well as in a collaborative environment.
- Committed to safety.
- Good communication skills in Norwegian and English.
- Passion for quality systems and the quality of work.
- To become part of a recognized international company.
- Talented colleagues and a pleasant working environment.
- Hard work but also lots of fun.
- Tailormade training and courses with opportunities for own development.
- Training will be given in Haugesund and in our other locations in Norway.
- A competitive compensation and benefits package.
- 6 weeks of annual leave.
- A meaningful job with one of Norway’s most attractive employers. We are ranked #3 in the Young Professional Attractiveness Index 2020 and Norway’s most attractive employer 2019 by Randstad.
For more information about the position please get in touch with Head of Section, Bjørnar Strand, firstname.lastname@example.org
We are the world’s leading classification society and a recognized advisor for the maritime industry. We enhance safety, quality, energy efficiency and environmental performance of the global shipping industry – across all vessel types and offshore structures. We invest heavily in research and development to find solutions, together with the industry, that address strategic, operational or regulatory challenges.