Junior Analyst for the Commercial Team – now hiring!
COP is a specialized provider of project development and construction management services to offshore wind projects and supporting Copenhagen Infrastructure Partners (CIP) within development and construction of offshore wind farm projects. CIP's and COP’s development activities are growing rapidly with projects in Europe, North America, Asia and Australia, with offices in Copenhagen, Boston, Taipei, Seoul, Tokyo, Melbourne, Edinburgh, and Hanoi.
To support our growth ambitions, we have set up an agile Commercial team, which is headed by our CFO and currently consists of 1 full-time employee and 1 student, who works closely together with the Finance department. The team focuses on securing COP’s ability to sustain the rapid international growth and take it from the start-up it is today to a successful and significant larger global company.
The Commercial team is a sub-team within the Finance function and is responsible for Risk Management, Contracting, Commercial models, International tax, Compliance and Corporate Governance. To support our growth, we are looking to hire one additional of the very best students with focus on the legal aspects of Commercial operations for the Commercial team.
Key duties for you and the team will be to:
- Take lead on internal risk management
- Manage internal corporate governance and secure correct implementation
- Legal research and analysis
- Drafting of contracts in relation to our expanding offshore activities
- Engage with external advisors on different tax matters
- Project management for the establishment of new entities
- Ad hoc assistance on various tasks
We expect you to be self-driven, structured, curious, eager to learn and keen to challenge yourself with new tasks in a changing and challenging environment. Ideally, you study law and are in your last year of B.Sc or the first year of your M.Sc. program and have completed the first part of your study as one of the best in your class.
- You are one of the brightest students at your Bachelor or Master program
- You have a good understanding of relevant legal aspects
- You are structured and take ownership of assigned tasks
- You have excellent communication skills
- You have experience from previous student job(s) or internships
- You are a team player and thrive in an empowered environment
- You have profound English skills both verbally and in writing
- You can work 15-20 hours per week
In COP we work in an entrepreneurial start-up culture, empowered, agile, lean and in cross-functional teams. It is essential you thrive in dynamic environments and are self-starting. Furthermore, your personality and diverse skillset enable you to create and maintain relations and communicate efficiently across a broad range of internal and external stakeholders.
If this is you, we offer a unique chance to gain firsthand experience from the operational management of capital funds entirely focused on the development and construction of renewable energy projects around the globe. We offer a highly challenging environment and an opportunity to get close to some of the most interesting renewable energy projects and work within one of the most successful teams in our industry. Being a fast-growing start-up, you will get great responsibility from your very first day in COP and you will gain experience on executive management communication and scaling growth. As part of the CFO support team, you will interact directly with the CFO thereby getting executive management interaction and experience with a broad field of tasks within the CFO area.
The position will be based at our Copenhagen office, but speaking Danish is absolutely not a requirement, as COP is an international company with English as its corporate language.
We will assess applications and recruit on an ongoing basis.
If you have any questions regarding this position, please contact Senior Finance Analyst, Samuel Wheeler via email@example.com