BW Epic Kosan owns and operates a fleet of 76 modern and high quality Refrigerated, Semi-refrigerated and Fully Pressurised gas carriers providing seaborne services for the transportation of Liquefied petroleum gas (LPG), Ethylene, Ethane and petrochemicals. Our vessels serve as a crucial link in the international gas supply chains of leading oil majors and commodity trading houses throughout Southeast Asia, Europe, West Africa and the Americas. We employ approximately 2000 seafarers and a multi-national team of over 180 shore-based staff.
You will be responsible for the support of end-user’s hard- and software as well as of corporate information systems. You will provide the technology support services for both on shore offices and ships (when required). You will also contribute to problem resolution by giving in-person, hands-on support to end users. You will assist the IT team located in the Singapore HQ in developing, implementing, and supporting the company’s technology platforms to meet company targets.
A Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field, with a minimum of 5 years professional experience, including experience in troubleshooting and supporting computer applications, operating systems, and LAN; or any equivalent combination of training, education and experience which provides the following knowledge, abilities and skills:
- IT systems management, including workstations and servers
- Setup accounts and workstations
- Monitor performance and maintain systems according to requirements
- Troubleshoot issues and outages
- Ensure security through access controls, backups, and firewalls
- Upgrade systems with new releases and models
- Develop expertise to train staff on new technologies
- Build an internal wiki with technical documentation, manuals, and IT policies
- Microsoft Office 365
- Cloud hosting solutions such as Microsoft Azure or Amazon cloud.
- Knowledge in managing/maintaining MS SQL server database systems
- Shipping industry and ship IT experience preferred
- MCSE or CCNA certification is preferred
- Excellent analytical, written, and verbal communications skills including the ability to effectively communicate technical information to non-technical users
BW Epic Kosan offers exciting and rewarding career opportunities to bright and ambitious people, who have the skills and determination to succeed in a career in the maritime industry.
Our success is attributed to attracting, developing, and retaining among the best people our industry has to offer. We place great emphasis on developing talent and maximizing the opportunities for our staff to progress within the company.
This is a unique opportunity to work for one of the most progressive companies in the industry. Interested candidates should submit their covering letter and a detailed curriculum vitae to the Human Resource Department. Website: www.bwek.com
Information for Recruitment Agencies:
Please be informed that BW Epic Kosan operates on a Preferred Supplier List (PSL) and will not be accepting unsolicited applications from non-PSL agencies.
We regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.