Are you a graduate of Electrical Engineering, Power Systems Engineering or within a similar field? Are you interested in developing your skills and expanding your knowledge with electrical simulations, grid analysis and BoP asset engineering? Are you are seeking a role where you can develop and grow both personally and within your career with a highly skilled team? If so, this could be the opportunity for you!
Power Solutions > Applications, Controls & Electrical > Grid & BoP Integration
As a Trainee in Grid & BoP Integration, you will be a part of a highly skilled, collaborative team in Vestas R&D, with the focus of securing grid connections for Vestas Hybrid Power Plants through electrical simulations, grid analysis and BoP asset engineering. We have team members with both senior expertise from transmission system operators, highly skilled academia- and long industry background. Our teams are working out of both Denmark and Porto. This position is based in Aarhus, Denmark. We live the Vestas values: Accountability, Collaboration, Simplicity and Passion which form the backbone for our culture of striving for global achievement.
- Focus will be on our offshore business
- Update and improvement of tools for grid compliance
- HVDC connections
- Participate in 1-2 root cause analysis activities and support and engineer in proposing needed solutions
- Perform power system simulations and transient analysis for specific tests observed in power networks with high penetration levels of renewable energy sources
- Participate in engineering activities in optimizing our analysis skills and generic plant design of our Vestas hybrid power plants
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. student in Electrical Engineering, Power Systems Engineering or similar
- Knowledgeable in:
- Basic power system phenomena's
- At least one of the following power system simulation tools:
- PSS/E,DigSilent PowerFactory, PSCAD
- It will be an advantage that you have knowledge in:
- Software and programming skills
- Power electronic converters applied to non-conventional power generation systems
- Controller design across different applications in machine drive systems and power system dynamics
- Outgoing and not afraid of asking questions
- You are curious and complex by nature
- Like building networks and collect inputs from several different people, internationally
What we offer:
In this trainee position we offer you an exciting and innovative opportunity alongside your studies to explore your potential and work with some of the best in the industry. There will be a chance for you to grow personally and professionally with a large interface to many levels in the organization, while finalizing your studies and applying theory and practice. You will be part of the innovator within sustainable energy solutions and you will get the chance to make an impact on the green agenda with innovative solutions. In a fast-growing organization, you will find yourself in an exciting and sometimes unpredictable job with motivated and skilled colleagues. We have a diverse mix of experience and skills, working closely together to make Vestas' vision a reality. You will experience a 'people first' attitude with a lot of empowerment and responsibility. In short, join Vestas and you will find yourself working in a spirit of worldwide collaboration while enjoying the knowledge that you are making a positive difference for the future.
Please apply no later than 22nd July 2021.
Vestas is proud to be the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Vestas strives to be the most inclusive workplace in the sustainable energy industry and ensure equal opportunities for everyone regardless of the social identity. We are stronger as a company not despite our differences, but because of them, both professionally and personally. Beyond a diverse workforce, we want to ensure that all of our employees are included and actively contributing to Vestas’ success and innovation. Only then can we become the global leader in sustainable energy solutions and ensure sustainability in everything we do.
At Vestas, we offer global opportunities for people with growth mindsets and the desire to make a shared and positive impact. We work in the true spirit of our corporate values: accountability, simplicity, collaboration, and passion. We expect everyone to live up to these in their day to day work – no matter what you do and where you are in the organisation.
Learn more about Vestas at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels