If you’re an experienced Business developer with Strong knowledge of and experience from the maritime sector you can start a career that helps to solve the climate crisis, with Statkraft. Realise the potential of renewable energy. Make a positive impact on our planet.
Statkraft has been making clean energy possible for over a century. That’s what we offer. 125 years of unrivalled expertise in supplying the world with what it needs most. Because in the fight against climate change, we don’t see renewable energy as part of the solution – we believe it must be the solution. With us, you’ll shape a career that is truly forward-facing with many amazing opportunities and offerings to match.
But there’s more work to be done – that’s why we need you to join us.
Working in the Hydrogen Department
The Hydrogen Department is responsible for building Statkraft’s renewable hydrogen activities. Hydrogen will play a role within the hard to abate sector like heavy transport and industry, and our job is to develop hydrogen projects in these areas from the initial idea towards commissioning. We have through our team of business developers built a substantial pipeline as a starting point with projects in many key locations like Finnfjord, Mo, Tyssedal, Herøya and Gothenburg, in addition we have been selected as fuel supplier for the Greenbulk coastal freight project with Heidelberg and Felleskjøpet. The team has recently been strenghtened with a number of technical experts to mature the projects further.
The maritime sector will play an important role in building the hydrogen economy in Norway, and Statkraft is building a substantial portfolio there with activities within compressed hydrogen, green ammonia and green methanol to supply various types of vessels and customer needs.
To realize these projects and build a leading position within hydrogen to the maritime sector, we are now hiring a Hydrogen Business Developer for the Maritime sector. The role will report to VP Hydrogen.
Your role as Hydrogen Business Developer involves extensive work with external parties to build the necessary partnerships and customer relationships within the maritime sector to build the business line within the company. This includes building the commercial models, developing new concepts and contracts needed for these customer groups. You will collaborate closely with colleagues in the hydrogen team with extensive knowledge of hydrogen fuel, business potential in other sectors and technical experts inside and outside the organisation. Together we will build strong business cases with customers and partners to realize Statkraft’s high ambitions within hydrogen.
The position will be located at Statkraft’s Head office in Oslo. Some travelling is expected.
We look for an experienced Business developer with the essential skills to future-proof our business and renewable energy solutions. That includes knowledge in:
- Master’s degree in a relevant subject (e.g. economics, business administration, science, engineering, urban planning, legal or similar)
- Strong knowledge of and experience from the shipping industry
- Good knowledge of new fuels and technologies that can be deployed in the shipping sector to reduce carbon emissions
- A strong commercial mindset with significant work experience from a commercial / customer-facing role
- You are well structured and can handle a wide scope of tasks by collaborating with others
- Self-driven and a positive team player
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Fluency in English required and understanding of Norwegian is an advantage
At Statkraft, we’re always looking for people with great social and communication skills. People who love to lead, teach and help others learn.
What we offer
A career with Statkraft is a career filled with purpose – meaning that every employee is not just making a living, they are making a real difference to the planet, our communities and the future. Together, we work on the front lines of changing the game for renewable energy. From hydrogen development to algorithmic trading and everything in between. We have 125 years of unrivalled expertise in creating the technologies that put ecosystems, communities and our environment first. With us, you’ll shape a career that is truly forward-facing with many amazing opportunities and offerings to match. This includes:
- Unlimited learning opportunities at various levels of the organisation including Linkedin Learning and inspiring leaderships program like IMD
- The chance to grow your career alongside a truly global network of experts, leaders, specialists and graduates from different countries and backgrounds
- The opportunity to work somewhere with pride, and to be able to honestly say “My work is contributing to saving the planet”
- A work culture that puts emphasis on the individual, offering flexible working solutions, parental leave and work life balance principles
- A focus on fun outside of work, supported by various activity groups such as soccer, yoga, sailing, climbing, boxing, cabin rentals, and much more
Statkraft offers competitive terms of employment and benefits schemes, and we’re a trusted employer that puts the safety of our people first. We believe that a safe and healthy working environment is a matter of choice, not chance.
Statkraft manages critical infrastructure and services in several countries. The applicant must be eligible for security clearance and authorisation.