Health, Safety & Environment engineers
MT Højgaard Danmark is one of the Nordic region’s leading construction and civil engineering companies with customers in Denmark. We are currently working on several high profiled projects around Denmark. We are therefore seeking HSE engineers, who want to be a part of building technologically advanced and energy efficient buildings. This career opportunity is ideal for engineering professionals, who not only understand the complexities of large scaled projects but also thrive with an exciting workday on an international construction site in Denmark. The primary worksites will be located on Fyn or in Jutland with the occasional support to projects on Zealand.
Areas of responsibility
Supporting our project compliance with Health, Safety & Environment within the company and ensure compliance through regular inspection. Together with the HSE manager you will be responsible for establishing policies that will create and maintain a safe workplace. Expect as part of everyday tasks to communicate guidelines in writing or verbal to a multidisciplinary & multi-cultural workforce. The goal is to ensure the workplace meets all legal as well as client expectations and actively supports occupational health, safety and environment.
Your primary tasks will be
- Daily follow-up, reporting, and co-ordination of issues related to HSE
- Approval and control of subcontractors and suppliers in relation to HSE
- Liaisons with clients regarding project HSE issues and monthly HSE reporting
- Preparation and implementation of project specific documents for HSE
- Verification, audits and inspections of suppliers and subcontractors
- Management of Accident and Incident investigation and reporting
- Conducting weekly safety meetings with subcontractors and internal production teams
- Preparing and enforcing policies to establish a positive and motivating culture of health, safety, environment and quality at our worksites
- Support the Project construction team on HSE matters
To be successful in this role
You are a qualified engineer or have equivalent qualifications and experience within construction, offshore wind or the oil & gas industry. You have a preferred minimum of 3 years of experience related to HSE. You have working experience with the standards: OHSAS 18001/ISO 45001, ISO 9001, ISO 14001 & EU directives standards.
Furthermore, you possess the ability to discover opportunities for improving conditions and execute various safety programmes. Have performed or participated in a key role for auditing subcontractors and suppliers, and you must pay excellent attention to detail to identify hazards.
- A demonstrated ability to perform and work both independently and as a part of a team
- You have a positive mind-set and the ability to motivate your co-workers and subcontractors on all levels
- You are excellent in both oral and written english
- You show a systematic and rational approach to problem solving
Working at MT Højgaard Danmark
MT Højgaard is an ambitious company and workplace. We place high demands on our employees, but we also offer great opportunities for personal development, and we create the framework to help you make your mark on both the company and the projects we create together. Our employees are given plenty of responsibility in an international environment.
If you would like further information about the position, feel free to call Project Manager, HSEQ Marie Hjarnø Nyholm Andersen at +45 2270 6408.
We will assess the applications as we receive them and will start the interviewing process accordingly.
MT Højgaard Danmark is a leading construction and civil engineering company in Scandinavia. We create the space in which we live, work and move, and we have done so for 100 years. We insist on collaboration based on dialogue, curiosity, courage and enthusiasm. Meet us at mth.com.