Would you like work with new technology challenges that support the world’s transition towards a greener future? Are you experienced and sharp? Then this is your opportunity for an exciting career within our Offshore Wind and Renewables Projects.
At Semco Maritime, you will be part of an evolving and dynamic working culture. Add to this a challenging and exciting workday where results are created together based on a high level of professionalism and dedication. We win as a team!
Semco Maritime is an attractive workplace with an informal environment based on a high degree of freedom and trust, as we believe this better unleashes high performance.
You will join a team of highly specialised and motivated employees located in our technical High Voltage team in the Renewables business area. We are world leading within offshore substations. Our Offshore Wind markets include Europe, Asia, and the USA, which means that you can expect to be involved in projects worldwide.
You may choose between working from our:
- Head office in Esbjerg
- Ballerup office in the greater Copenhagen area
- Hamburg office in Germany
- The recent established office in Gdynia, Poland
The job will involve limited travelling to other Semco Maritime offices, sub-suppliers, and customers.
Areas of responsibility
The backbone in our Renewables business area are the EPC(I) wind farm substation projects. In addition, based on our vast in-house knowledge and experience we support our customers in the project development phase finding the most optimal solutions for bringing the energy to shore. This is where you will be our new technical lead expert for engineering studies projects.
Your overall responsibility is to lead the way to point out the most optimal electrical architecture based on such topics as CAPEX and OPEX optimization, availability and redundancy, Safety and O&M just to mention but a few.
The studies typically cover the entire transmission system i.e. Export and array cables layout plus onshore and offshore substations design and structure.
Your key roles and tasks will include:
- Support the sales team, with your technical expertise during meetings with clients
- Support the sales team preparing tenders
- Assist business developer in strategy and technical sales
- Development tasks in general (improve power studies, concept studies etc.)
- Provide technical knowledge within offshore wind industry
- Lead concept studies and feasibility projects
- Participate in design and calculation responsibilities
- Engage stakeholders in various projects
- Experience with grid code compliance.
- Perform feasibility studies / concept studies, taking CAPEX/OPEX, losses, layout, safety, O&M etc.
- Lead FEED and Due Diligence projects
- Coordination with external stakeholders
We expect you have a relevant technical education as bachelor’s or master’s degree in electrical engineer or similar with experience in High Voltage electrical power systems. Experience from the utility sector or offshore wind industries is an advantage, but not an ultimate requirement. It is expected you comes with High Voltage experience and have done either concept or feasibility studies.
You can demonstrate ability to communicate excellently in English, both verbal and written.
As a person you must hold an extrovert trustworthy and serious personality and be able to exert influence when needed. A good sense of humor is always appreciated At Semco Maritime.
Please do not hesitate to contact Bjarne Bendtsen, Manager, High Voltage systems, +45 79 14 78 37 if you have any further questions.
We will invite candidates for interviews on an ongoing basis, so please do not hesitate to submit your application as soon as possible. All applications and inquiries to Semco Maritime will be treated confidentially.
We look forward to hearing from you!