Would you like work with new technology challenges that support the world’s transition towards a greener future? Are you experienced and sharp?
Then this is your opportunity for an exciting career within our Offshore Wind and Renewables Projects!
As our new High Voltage Lead Engineer you will join a team of highly specialised and motivated employees located in our technical High Voltage team in the Renewables business area. We are the world leading manufacturer of offshore substations. The backbone in our Renewables business area is the EPC(I) wind farm substation projects.
In addition, based on our vast in-house knowledge and experience, we support our customers in the project development and in phase finding the most optimal solutions for bringing the energy to shore. This is where you will be our new technical lead expert for engineering studies projects.
Our Offshore Wind markets include Europe, Asia, and the USA, which means that you can expect to be involved in projects worldwide.
The job will involve limited travelling to other Semco Maritime offices, sub-suppliers, and customers.
Areas of responsibility
Your overall responsibility will be to lead the way to point out the most optimal electrical architecture based on such topics as CAPEX and OPEX optimization, availability and redundancy, Safety and O&M just to mention a few.
The studies typically cover the entire transmission system i.e. Export and array cables, layout, plus onshore and offshore substation design and structure.
Your key roles and tasks will include:
- Supporting the sales team, with your technical expertise during meetings with clients and with creating tenders. but also assisting our business developers with strategy and technical sales
- Development tasks in general (improve power studies, concept studies etc.)
- Leading concept studies and feasibility projects
- Participating in design and calculation responsibilities
- Engaging stakeholders in various projects as well as coordination with external stakeholders
- Performing feasibility studies / concept studies, taking CAPEX/OPEX, losses, layout, safety, O&M etc.
- Leading FEED and Due Diligence projects
You can demonstrate ability to communicate excellently in English, both verbal and written.
As a person you must be outgoing, trustworthy and positive. Furthermore you should be able to exert influence when needed.
To succeed in this position we expect that you have:
- A relevant education like a bachelor's or master's degree in electrical engineering or similar
- Experience with grid code compliance
- Experience in working with high voltage power systems and have done concept studies, feasibility studies or both
- Experience from the utility sector or offshore wind is preferred
You may choose working from our head office in Esbjerg, our Ballerup office in the greater Copenhagen area, our Hamburg office in Germany, or the recently established office in Gdynia, Poland.
Do not hesitate to contact Bjarne Bendtsen, Manager, High Voltage systems, +45 79 14 78 37 if you have any further questions.
We will invite candidates for interviews on an ongoing basis, so if you are interested you must submit your application as soon as possible.
See the vacancy and apply online:
as soon as possible.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Semco Maritime is an international engineering and contracting company dedicated to projects in the energy sector. For 40 years, we have been facilitating design, fabrication, service and maintenance of our customers’ assets, providing comprehensive project management across all phases of energy projects. From turnkey engineering solutions to outsourcing of manpower and delivery of components, systems and solutions – we make sure our customers and partners in the energy sector experience safe and cost-efficient solutions. Semco Maritime has approx. 1,700 employees and branches in Denmark, Norway, United Kingdom, Germany, Singapore and the US.
For further information, please see www.semcomaritime.com