Imagine a future where you’re heading a team and ensure development within offshore wind farm cable sourcing
Join us in this role where you’ll set the direction by leading and motivating your colleagues to excel in sourcing for our offshore wind farms. You’ll drive and support a continuous improvement and development strategy for your team and for the overall Sourcing department.
Welcome to the Cable Installation Sourcing team
You’ll be part of Cable In CAPEX and DEVEX Sourcing in Offshore Procurement where you, together with your colleagues, will develop the strategies and secure contracts for the installation of cables for our offshore wind farms. You’ll be heading a team consisting of sourcing and category managers, ensuring a workplace where they can perform their best and grow their talents as well as the team and department.
You’ll play an important role in:
- leading nine highly skilled procurement professionals in an environment where we look after and support each other
- developing and improving the skill set of your colleagues, especially in relation to commercial mindset and focus and negotiation capabilities
- setting clear directions for the team as well as for the individuals
- driving efficiency by helping us on our journey to work smarter
- executing our business strategy.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a strong commercial mindset and leadership experience
- are an accomplished negotiator thriving on securing results
- have a proactive and solution-oriented approach to your work task
- can create good relationships with your colleagues and other stakeholders as well as motivate your team
- are comfortable working in a complex and constantly changing environment.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 16 January 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Bo Vestbirk Laub, Head of Sourcing, on +4599552958 if you’d like to know more about the position.
For the UK, please contact talentacquisitionUK@orsted.co.uk if you’d like to request any flexibility or reasonable adjustments to perform in this role or for the application and assessment process.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.
About the job
16 January 2022, 23:59 CET
Country: Denmark, United Kingdom
Workplace: Gentofte, London, Skærbæk
Working hours: Full-time
Employment type: Permanent
Bo Vestbirk Laub
Head of Sourcing
- 6,000 employees worldwide.
- Headquartered in Denmark and located in 13 countries.
- Ørsted develops, constructs and operates offshore and onshore wind farms, solar farms, energy storage facilities, and bioenergy plants, and provides energy products to its customers.
- Our vision is to create a world that runs entirely on green energy.
An inclusive team
Ørsted wants all employees to have the same opportunities for impact and growth, regardless of age, nationality, disability, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation or beliefs. We’re committed to secure an inclusive work environment characterised by a respect for all people so everyone feels free to openly share their input and ideas.
What we offer