Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Would you like to work in a global environment in the industry of wind energy? Then we've got the opportunity for you!
You will be responsible for Finish and WEB department. The finish area is a sub department of the NPI and serial blade production where we grind, repair, paint, and weight the blades before releasing for shipment, The WEB area is a production area where we produce the WEBs for serial production. The vacancy is on nightshift where you will be responsible for around 35 employees, 31 production worker and 4 Quality Technicians.
Ensure that production is delivering safely according to delivery plan timely and in the right Quality.
Secure that the team is delivering according to the agreed production plan in own process area.
In close collaboration with the Production Manager, Group Leads colleagues and support functions secure the quality of the manufacturing/assembly process and that the production lines and the team are running smoothly and efficiently. Plan and coordinate the work in the team together with your Group Leads colleagues and production planner.
Motivate and coach the team to meet the targets.
- Secure safety in own area including allocating resources
- Secure delivering to the specified quality criteria
- Secure that the team is building according to the production requirements
- Secure that the employees are being trained according to the TDR development program
- Secure 5S implementation in own area including waste stream
- Secure correct use Production planning software
- Secure motivation and leadership in own department
- Secure People Review and Motivation and Performance dialogues in own area
- Good communication skills, with fluent local language (Danish) and English (written and oral)
- The motivation and the personality to continuously motivate and coach your team towards agreed KPI
- Understanding of safety and quality processes and reporting
- A team-oriented person who understands to work in a matrix organization and able to have a holistic view
- Good development and improvement skills where you can identify and implement new processes in own area
- Attention to detail is essential, but as a team leader, you should be able to step back and let the organization deliver while you secure the overview
- Managing and adjusting own behaviors to work effectively in light of new information, changing situations, different environments and Innovative and open-minded personality.
- You are reliable and thrive with changes, in a rapid moving organization
- You are people and process oriented, and you are structured in your work
- You work with ease across different cultures
- You have solid experience of people management in a manufacturing environment e.g. in a chemical or with mechanical processes
- Six-sigma experience and a good understanding and experience with 5S
- Understanding of Six Sigma and Lean techniques
- Able to use Microsoft Office. SAP experience is desirable
What we offer
We offer you an exciting job in rapidly growing international company with great opportunities for professional and personal development. We provide an inspiring environment with the aspiration to become global leader in the offshore wind market.
Your work location will be in Nakskov, DK.
Applications are handled on an ongoing basis. Please apply online with your letter of motivation and CV as soon as possible – and no later than 15th August 2021.
If you have specific questions about the position, please contact Fljamur Saljihi (Production Manager) via phone +45 29380095
All inquiries are treated confidentially.
Vestas is proud to be the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Vestas strives to be the most inclusive workplace in the sustainable energy industry and ensure equal opportunities for everyone regardless of the social identity. We are stronger as a company not despite our differences, but because of them, both professionally and personally. Beyond a diverse workforce, we want to ensure that all of our employees are included and actively contributing to Vestas’ success and innovation. Only then can we become the global leader in sustainable energy solutions and ensure sustainability in everything we do.
At Vestas, we offer global opportunities for people with growth mindsets and the desire to make a shared and positive impact. We work in the true spirit of our corporate values: accountability, simplicity, collaboration, and passion. We expect everyone to live up to these in their day to day work – no matter what you do and where you are in the organisation.
Learn more about Vestas at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels