Do you want to solve tough challenges for the global energy industry?
The world's toughest job awaits. At Aker Solutions we are committed to helping the energy industry and broader society #PowerTheChange towards a low-carbon future. We are changemakers and problem solvers with more than 180 years of experience. Our ambitions are high. By 2030, renewables and low-carbon solutions for oil and gas will make up 2/3 of our business. Do you want to be a part of driving the transition?
Aker Solutions' Piping Department is part of the Engineering Division in Aker Solutions Fornebu. The department is consists of approx. 50 highly skilled employees who generally take part in FEED/Early field development, detail design, modification and commissioning of complex onshore and offshore installations. Both withing Oil & Gas and Renewables.
Our Piping Department at Fornebu is looking for young talents graduating spring/summer 2022 for a Piping Engineer position.
Visit our website for more information and to apply.
What will you be doing?
To work with design development of specific process systems as part of the engineering group involved in all phases of engineering design projects. Coordination and interface with internal and external customers and implementing the system and area details in the total design. Roles can be in projects both within renewables (hydrogen, carbon capture etc.) as well as oil and gas segments and may include the following activities:
- Layout design for assigned systems / areas using 3D modelling
- Piping Stress analysis of system lines
- Piping Support design and selection
- Piping Class development and relevant datasheets
- Piping Engineering activities related to Valve selection (Package Responsible Engineer)
- Co-ordination and interface communication with other disciplines within engineering team and towards Procurement, Construction, Completion and other Contractors, ensuring consistent and correct application and implementation of standardisation and selected engineering solutions
We think you should have:
- A relevant educational background within Mechanical and Material Engineering
- Team working skills with the ability to work in an international environment
- A drive for developing your expertise
- Delivering results and meeting customer expectations
- A technical and analytical mindset combined with commercial awareness
- HMS mindset
- Fluent written and spoken English
More reasons to work with us:
- As an employee in Aker Solutions, you have many career opportunities. We ensure that our employees get the chance to work across disciplines, build expertise and develop their own potential. This contributes to a vibrant and engaged working environment at all our locations
- Healthy work/life balance. We offer flexible working hours. In a hectic everyday life, it is good to have an employer who provides you with the flexibility you need through different phases of life
- You will be a part of our Solutioneers, an international employee network that brings together our young talents for professional development, networking and fun. In addition, we offer a wide range of welfare activities and training options for all our employees
- We can promise you it will be both challenging and fun!
Interested? Contact us.
For more information about the position, please contact: Susann Rognlien Bech, Recruitment Coordinator, NES Advantage Solutions. Tel. +47 46 89 68 32 Please attach your CV, cover letter and transcript of records when applying online.
NES Advantage Solutions is Aker Solutions’ global recruitment services provider responsible for permanent and temporary staffing service.
This is Aker Solutions
Aker Solutions delivers integrated solutions, products and services to the global energy industry. We enable low-carbon oil and gas production and develop renewable solutions to meet future energy needs. By combining innovative digital solutions and predictable project execution we accelerate the transition to sustainable energy production. Aker Solutions employs approximately 15,000 people in more than 20 countries.
November 30, 2021
Job ID #:
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent