The HVDC market for large scale offshore wind is booming as an enabler in the energy transitions. In these projects, we have a larger scope of automation systems compared to on shore HVDC. To meet these requirements, we are forming a new and dedicated engineering department with a focus on Automation; overall SCADA and HMI systems, IT/OT infrastructure, cyber security, and telecom systems. We are looking for people with long experience in industrial or electrical automation systems, both managers, specialists, and engineers to work on tenders and projects together with our external sub-supplier partners.
As a Global Engineering Manager, you will lead a department of project managers and engineering teams in tenders and execution projects to define and deliver Automation solutions, Substation Automation (SA) and Control and Protection systems for AC substations, SCADA systems and telecom solutions primarily for offshore HVDC systems.
You and your team together with our strategic partners will work with our customers to understand their needs and specifications and convert that into innovative and cost-efficient technical solutions well integrated with the overall system.
Your deliveries are an integrated part of the overall Automation system within the complete HVDC delivery posing high demands on your and your team’s ability to collaborate and interface with many colleagues across our organization.
- Lead the teams and ensure delivery of a portfolio of projects on time. Provide direction to the teams with technology, focus on safety, on-time delivery, quality, and margin improvement.
- Secure that your teams are engaged in the sales process in feeds and tenders and that the interfaces to the tender team, customer, and partners are well working. Review and challenge cost estimates.
- Ensure that project and engineering teams are adequately resourced, developed, and equipped to meet needs. Oversee planning and control process in the project and engineering teams. Conduct regular reviews to ensure that the teams are delivering work according to the customer and Hitachi requirements.
- Create and implement plans to ensure that business risks are identified and managed, and opportunities maximized.
- Collaborate with the Supply Chain function (SCM) to ensure that correct suppliers’ services are available and correctly contractually sources to support the engineering execution.
- Initiate and drive continuous improvement activities. Develop, implement, and improve relevant documented processes, policies, and procedures to improve effectiveness across the engineering function and the external interfaces.
- Ensure that the area of responsibility is properly organized, staffed, skilled and directed. Guides, motivates, coaches, and develops employee reporting directly and indirectly.
- Create financial plans and budget estimates for units and projects. Sign off on tender costs. Oversee adherence to these plans and estimates.
- You have 8 years or more of management experience leading technical teams.
- You have a solid technical background in automation, preferably in the electrical sector.
- As a person you are goal-oriented and with a leadership style that allows your teams to perform independently.
- You are a good communicator and strong in building internal and external relationships.
- You have a M.Sc. in relevant engineering.
- You are proficient in English since you will be part of an international setting where you will need to communicate with people from all over the world. Swedish is a plus but not a necessity.
More about us
Are you ready for a new exciting challenge? Does the above description sound like you? Welcome to apply before May 31! Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis, so don’t delay – apply today!
Recruiting Manager Per Skytt, +46 724-64 36 40, firstname.lastname@example.org, will be happy to answer your questions regarding this position. Union representatives - Sveriges Ingenjörer: Mikael Hjort, +46 107-38 29 86; Unionen: Stefan Barkman, +46 107-38 33 04; Ledarna: Christer Fridlund, +46 107-38 29 12. All other questions should be directed to Talent Partner Hanna Kontsu, email@example.com
Hitachi Energy is a global technology leader that is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We serve customers in the utility, industry and infrastructure sectors with innovative solutions and services across the value chain. Together with customers and partners, we pioneer technologies and enable the digital transformation required to accelerate the energy transition towards a carbon-neutral future. We are advancing the world’s energy system to become more sustainable, flexible and secure whilst balancing social, environmental and economic value. Hitachi Energy has a proven track record and unparalleled installed base in more than 140 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, we employ around 38,000 people in 90 countries and generate business volumes of approximately $10 billion USD. www.hitachienergy.com