BW LNG provides floating solutions for LNG, owning a fleet of 30 LNG carriers and Floating Storage and Regasification Units, and operating from offices in Oslo, Singapore, Beijing, Manila, Mumbai, Rio and Houston. We are constantly looking for new solutions to serve our customers and to play a role in the transition to clean and low carbon energy, while striving for Zero Harm to people and the environment.
BW LNG is part of the BW Group, a leading global maritime company involved in shipping, floating infrastructure, deepwater oil & gas production, and new sustainable technologies. BW Group controls a fleet of over 400 ships transporting crude oil, oil products, and dry commodities, and comprises one of the largest gas fleets in the world with 180+ LNG and LPG vessels. BW Group’s mission is to deliver energy for the world today,and find solutions for tomorrow.
JOIN US FOR THE FUTURE
We are currently seeking:
FSRU/ LNG Operator
BW LNG is looking for a highly motivated and self-driven FSRU/ LNG Operator to join our Contract Management and Operations team. Based in Oslo, this position will have overall operational responsibility for designated vessels. The role requires following up on contractual commitments, monitor daily operational activities, ensuring vessel compliance to various regulations and performance as per Charter Party and FSRU contracts. The role involves working closely with Charterers, Contract management team and technical fleet organization based in Oslo to support for our customers, in constant pursuit of operational excellence.
- Overall operational responsibility for designated FSRU and LNG vessels
- Monitor all daily FSRU fleet operational activities and coordinate with Charterers, Vessel, and fleet management team
- Supervise and verify all voyage and cargo information processed between office, vessels, and charterers in accordance with the charter party requirements
- Carry out ship shore compatibility studies
- Liaise with the charterers concerning all pre-and post-fixture support.
- Monitor and record all relevant voyage performance including off-hire, stoppages, and delays
- Liaise with local agents and port authorities to ensure smooth handling of spare parts, services, and surveys.
- Performance monitoring and follow up
- Drive performance improvement initiatives and sharing best practices
- Degree in Maritime studies or seafaring experience as Master or 1st Class Engineer / Ch Officer / 2nd Engineer
- Minimum 2 years’ relevant experience in the LNG industry in an operational / technical role.
- Technical understanding of Gas Tanker Operations
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Proficient in report writing. Prompt in reporting and communications.
- Ability to handle several tasks in parallel
- Structured and well organized
- Flexible and reliable
- Self-driven and ability to work independently
- Customer Focus
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, including cultural awareness
- Situational thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Strong team player
- Competitive terms
- Professional challenges in a global organization.
- A highly competent, open, and friendly environment.
The position is based at our Oslo Office. If interested in this position, please send your application through our homepage by 31 August 2021.
For further information, please contact: Riju Cherian, Head of Contract Management and Operations, phone: +47 4625 7666 or Kamilla Moestue Røstad, HR Manager, phone +47 9041 9496.