About the Position
Due to increased activity, we are looking to fill multiple permanent positions within logistics and freight forwarding.
- We have multiple openings in our freight forwarding and logistics teams. At the entry level, we are looking for at least one Junior Freight Forwarding/Logistics Coordinator, and we are also looking for candidates with some experience within freight forwarding or logistics.
- We have an opening for one Junior Logistics Coordinator at our warehouse in Bergen. You will be learning the many aspects of the position while working side-by-side with a local experienced mentor, supporting maritime related operations from day 1.
- Entry level positions have limited requirements and are open to anyone who is sensitive to internal and external customer needs and excited by the idea of applying this passion in an international, diverse, and inclusive environment. Training will be provided, and the goal of entry level/Junior positions is to develop into a fully independent, operational position.
- Other than the position based in Bergen, these positions do not require physical presence. We are open to providing home office solutions to candidates that are unable to come to the office due to distance, personal situation, or otherwise. We also have offices throughout Norway, so candidates that would like to work in the office can do so from offices other than in Oslo and Bergen where the freight forwarding and logistics teams sit.
After adequate training, you will support operations while performing the following tasks:
- Accurately registering information in and out of our data systems
- Checking documentation to ensure it is correct
- Coordinating with colleagues, suppliers, and customers by phone and email
- Cooperating with colleagues at all levels of the organization to provide quality service
- Planning and following up on your tasks
- Other practical, administrative, and logistics related tasks as you develop in the role
In addition to the above, the position based in Bergen includes the following tasks:
- Retaining overview of goods in the warehouse
- Packing, stuffing, labeling and securing of packages
- Driving the forklift (coursing provided for those who do not have a forklift license)
Other Job details
- Most tasks can be completed during regular work hours; however, we provide 24/7/365 service and there will be periods of higher workload as well as work during irregular times
- These positions provide a unique opportunity to collaborate with a diverse team of colleagues in the maritime industry in a company that values what each unique individual brings to the table
- Upon hire, you will cooperate with your leader and others to create a training plan aimed to help you reach your potential. Responsibilities will be increased with proven competency
- Candidates with relevant and non-relevant experience who want to learn a new skill are also welcomed to apply to entry level positions
- Genuine interest to apply yourself and further develop your competencies
- Proficient written and verbal English skills
- Ability to understand Norwegian in a workplace setting may be an advantage, but is not a requirement
- Comfortable using data as a work tool
- Driver’s license kl B is a requirement for the position in Bergen
- Forklift coursing and license for the position in Bergen will be provided for those who do not already have one
- Exhibits motivation and takes initiative to achieve results
- Uses structure and organization skills for greater efficiency
- Problem solving approach to new challenges
- Passion for providing great service to customers and helping colleagues do the same
- Proficient communication skills
- An open, inclusive, trust-based, and flexible workplace culture
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
- To be a part of a globally recognized shipping and logistics company
- Equitable salary with automatic increases upon proven competency development
- Comprehensive benefits and insurance - including health insurance
GAC Norway is the country’s oldest shipping agency. Established in 1845 and merged with GAC group to become GAC Norway in 2007, the company has handled over 12,000 vessels in more than 100 countries.
hjemmekontor, home office, logistics, entry level, trainee
Spørsmål om stillingen
- Send melding
- Flere stillinger fra GAC Norway
- Bli kjent med GAC Norway AS
Skoltegrunnskaien 1, 5003 Bergen
Stort kart Hybridkart Flyfoto