ICEYE is building and operating its own commercial constellation of small Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) satellites with SAR data available to customers. Our satellites acquire images of Earth at any time – even when it’s cloudy or dark – providing commercial and government partners with unmatched persistent monitoring capabilities. Information derived from our SAR images helps customers make data-driven decisions to address time-critical challenges in various sectors, such as maritime, disaster management, insurance, and finance.
We launched the world’s first small SAR satellite in January 2018. To date, ICEYE has successfully launched a total of 10 SAR satellite missions and has raised $152M in financing. We don’t plan to stop - join our team and let’s achieve great things together!
ICEYE is a Finnish-based international New Space company with employees from more than 40 countries and subsidiaries in the US, UK, Spain, and Poland. Our team is a tight-knit group of experts from a range of areas including engineering, software development, and radar technology. We’re innovative, driven people who strive for excellence in everything we do. Being advocates of our corporate culture, we value teamwork, curiosity, and we know how to have fun!
To support the growth of the company, we are looking for a Finance Process Development Specialist to join our Finance Team. In this position, you will report to the Business Process Development Manager.
Key responsibilities include increasing employee satisfaction and retention as well as ensuring the efficient operation of the department.
Finance Process Development Specialist works closely with the Business Process Development Manager leading the company to financial and operational excellence and efficiency by developing and improving processes and automation.
What you will do:
Finance Process Development Specialist supports the process owners in continuous development.
When needed, the Finance Process Development Specialist will act as a project manager leading identified development projects. The process development work concentrates on various finance processes such as Order-to-Cash, Procure to Pay, Record to Report, and other financial operational automation improvements as ICEYE scales for the future. The development is done in close collaboration with the Sales, IT, and Customer Operations departments.
The collaboration with IT includes ownership of company-wide applications used in communication, documentation, and project management.
Additionally, the Finance Process Development Specialist will:
- Identify opportunities for future process development.
- Improve process maturity, documentation, and provide training related to them.
- Drive change and a continuous improvement mindset.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter who enjoys identifying challenges and then solving them. To succeed in this position, the candidate should ideally have:
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Finance, Industrial Management, Business Administration, or similar.
- Understanding of Lean and SOX principles.
- Understanding of finance processes such as accounting, reporting, and invoicing.
- Experience working in the area of operational excellence, business processes, process improvement projects, continual improvement.
- Strong IT skills and understanding of modern digital business tools: Business Analytics tools, understanding and building key performance metrics and solutions, for example, and knowledge and experience in utilizing various interfaces and systems to collect and analyze data.
- Hands-on working experience with ERP system implementation and/or development.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Finnish; Must be fluent in English;
- Ability to partner and work cross-functionally with key stakeholders;
- Ability to communicate and present recommendations and insights to upper management;
- Thrive in a high-speed growing company culture.
- A job that matters in a dynamic New Space environment with a scale-up approach
- An independent role with a supportive and diverse work environment
- Occupational healthcare, occupational and private insurance
- A yearly benefit budget to spend as you wish (i.e. on sport, transport, wellness, lunch, etc.)
- Relocation support (i.e. flight tickets, accommodation, relocation buddy program)
- Time for self-development, research, training, conferences, or certification schemes
- Inspiring and collaborating offices and silent workspaces enabling you to focus
- Regular internal events for employees (e.g. sports events, team-building events, parties, etc.)
- A wide variety of best coffee, tea, snacks, and sweets to accompany your daily space mission
We are looking forward to receiving your application in English as soon as possible.
Privacy Notice to Job Applicant
Please note that in accordance with ICEYE’s policy, voluntary consent for background checks is required for individuals being considered for employment globally.