Position: Field Service Engineer
As our new Field Service Engineer, you will be supporting our Chromatography customers across the Nordics and will deliver all service activities, including installations, repairs, maintenance services, validation services, technical support etc. You will primarily support our HPLC, LC, IC DIA and GC/GMMS instruments.
You will perform all service activities in line with internal rules and customer regulations and assure responsive telephone support and diagnostics as well as on-site services to exceed our customers’ expectations and support them in using Thermo Fisher Scientific instruments.
This is a field-based role, supporting customers across all of the Nordic countries, but with a main focus on Norway. You will be on the road 4 to 5 days per week, with some longer international trips and overnight stays required.
Join us and start your career with a global organization which prioritizes career development, allowing you to achieve your best – both personally and professionally
This role sits within our Instrument and Enterprise Services (IES) organization, which provides a single source for integrated lab service, support and supply management. Our customized service offerings and world-class service experts have the flexibility and experience to uniquely address our customer’s business needs. Whether they are looking to arrange for service on one instrument or are seeking resources to manage service and support for all their labs, there is an Integrated Services solution to meet their business needs.
What will you do?
- Support our customers to use our Chromatography instruments by providing troubleshooting, installation, Preventative Maintenance (PM), repair services, verification and qualification services in a professional and timely manner
- Perform all Service Activities in line with internal rules and customer regulations
- Provide responsive telephone and diagnostic support to our customers, as well as on-site services; actively promote our contract products
- Achieve customer loyalty and escalate issues if necessary to solve critical tasks in the fastest way possible
- Manage the company’s assets provided, such as Stock/Inventory of Parts, Computer, Telephone, general Tools, Software, Company Car, Manuals etc.
- Co-ordinate with a variety of internal partners for service planning/scheduling (Dispatching, Team Leader etc.)
- Provide accurate and timely reporting of all activities (e.g. Field Service Reports, Expense Reports, etc.)
- Liaise with Sales team regarding lead generation, customer activity and updates
Who we are looking for:
- Professional background in Electronics/Chemistry/Engineering or related subjects
- Some experience servicing analytical equipment (gained either as an Engineer or when working as a Scientist or Technician in a lab), or equivalent applications specialist experience (essential)
- Fluent in English (essential); additional Nordic languages a plus
- A valid Driver’s Licence (essential)
- Comfortable working in a customer-facing role, with a customer-focussed mindset
- Willing and able to travel extensively on a weekly basis across the region (4 to 5 days per week), including some overnight stays and longer trips (up to 20% per annum)
What’s in it for you:
- Excellent career progression opportunities with a large and growing global employer
- Competitive salary, plus performance bonus & full benefits package
- Company car
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them.
Our global team of more than 80,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon.