Deliver technical support to our customers in the clinical and medical research sectors. This role will support Nordic Region
As a BD Bioscience Engineer, you will be part of a regional team of collaborative Field Service Engineers, reporting directly to the area technical manager. You are expected to work to the highest standards to ensure first class service is delivered to our customer base while ensuring quality and regulatory standards are adhered to in this heavily regulated industry.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
As an experienced Field Service Engineer, you will be able to work independently and will be used to working at an advanced technical level to provide expert advice & solutions to customers and colleagues.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Provide field-based and remote technical support to customers and colleagues in line with relevant training and experience.
- You will carry out preventative maintenance, installation, relocation, repairs and corrective field change orders on Flow Cytometry instrumentation.
- You will be responsible for diagnosing electrical, fluidic, mechanical, hardware, software and laser failures using established procedures and techniques.
- You will determine the most cost-effective repair/solution to ensure minimum downtime..
- Actively manage your car stock, ensuring all necessary spare parts and tools are available.
- Effective management of technical escalations.
- Works toward service metrics as defined by the Service Organization
- In this role, you will cover the Oslo, Bergen and Trondheim areas with occasional travel throughout the country and on rare occasions travel abroad as well.
KSA REQUIREMENTS (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- University Degree in Electrical Engineering or extensive relevant experience as a Field Service Engineer
- Experience working in the Telecoms, Robotics, Automation, Medical Devices industries
- Experienced logical problem solver with the ability to work independently
- Experienced in carrying out corrective and preventative works
- The ability to process knowledge across multi-modular and diverse product ranges
- Recognize new technologies and adapts to daily challenges
- Deliver high levels of customer service
- Competent in IT
- Driving License
- Currently living within a daily commutable distance of Oslo or Bergen or Trondheim
- Advanced IT knowledge: Network diagnosis/System connectivity/Remote service
- Flow Cytometry experience as an engineer or user