Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue of approximately $40 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, increasing productivity in their laboratories, improving patient health through diagnostics or the development and manufacture of life-changing therapies, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 100,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services, Patheon and PPD. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
Do you have the passion and drive to succeed and solve complex problems in a fast paced environment? Do you have solid technical knowledge and a can-do attitude? And would you like a chance to be part of a world-renowned company where you make a difference through the work you do? Then this may be the right opportunity for you.
As the world’s leader in serving science, Thermo Fisher Scientific is a driving force in the research, healthcare, industrial and applied markets, generating more than USD 20 billion in annual revenue. No other company can match our range of customer touch points – technologically, geographically or commercially. We help our customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment, making sure our food is safe and moving forward with thousands of important projects that improve millions of lives.
The Unity Lab Services TEA service team, currently consists of 6 engaged Field Service Engineers supporting the Nordic region. As a team they are responsible for delivering all service activities including instrument installations and repairs, customer training, maintenance service, validation services, tech support etc.
We are currently seeking an experienced and dedicated Field Service Engineer to join our colleagues to further increase our level of service; providing ‘above expectations’ customer service and satisfaction. You may be based in the Oslo area or another major Norwegian city.
Reporting to the Service Manager, you will perform all service activities on Thermo Fisher Scientific’s own products, assuring telephone support, diagnostics as well as on-site service. Through close dialogue with the Customer Care Center team, you will be part of planning and structuring your own workday.
The role will involve significant travel – up to 50% of the time – predominantly within Norway and the Nordic region. Occasionally in Europe or the United States.
- Ensure highest professional relationship with customer base to achieve customer loyalty and escalate issues if necessary to solve critical tasks in the fastest way possible
- Apply market knowledge, customer and technical insights to feedback to Manager and Team Leader for portfolio improvement and identify growth opportunities
- Optimizing you own work schedule by coordinating with all the necessary partners for service planning/scheduling (Dispatch function, Team leader and others)
- Provide accurate and timely reports of all activities as required (e.g. Field Service Reports, Expense Reports, etc.)
- Assure alignment of all activities at the customer site with the rest of the company and inform other parts of Thermo Fisher Scientific of important information (e.g. lead generation)
Experience and qualifications needed to succeed
- Professional background in Electronics, Chemistry or as Laboratory Technician is preferred
- Min. 3 years’ experience servicing scientific equipment is preferred
- Experience from research labs and servicing Mass Spectrometry equipment is an advantage
- Strong problem solving expertise, and demonstrated organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks with different priorities
- Self-driven with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work across all levels, functions and regions
- Excellent English communication skills – verbally and written. Scandinavian proficiency is desired but not a requirement
- Ability to cope with an international, matrix organization
What we offer
- A career in an international company with global impact
- Be part of exciting project to improve human condition
- Development through continuous learning
- Cooperation with driven colleagues across business areas
- Opportunity to work with the best teams in the industry, ranging from international top level scientist to cutting edge process- and production teams and highly creative business- and marketing teams
We will review applications on an ongoing basis in order to start the interview and hiring process as soon as possible, so please do not hesitate in making your application.
We look forward to receiving your application including a motivational letter and a CV in English.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status
Apply Now: click Apply Now