We are currently looking for a passionate Business Analyst or Systems Engineer to be part of a central development team in our Command & Control (C2) organization.
Terma provides mission critical solutions for the defense and aerospace industry. We are guided by one overall purpose: To deliver security for countries, alliances, and individuals. We operate in a variety of areas, but security is always the key. We deliver advanced technologies to keep people safe, both in peacetimes and in times of conflict. Our systems provide security for people on land, at sea, and in the air. In space, we are engaged in reaching new frontiers and enabling people on our planet to deal with new and upcoming challenges. Terma puts an emphasis on diversity and brings passionate people together with different cultural and professional backgrounds.
The team and organization
In this role we are looking for a System Engineer to our C2 Effector team within our C2 organization in Herlev. The C2 organization is mainly responsible for our C2 Naval system, C-Flex, that provides situational awareness et. al. for surveillance, maritime safety, and combat purposes at sea. The C2 organization counts around 80 highly engaged colleagues and is an area of great focus and importance in Terma. Within the C2 organization in Herlev we work in stable, interdisciplinary, and self-managed teams based on the agile principles.
Working out of our Herlev location, you will be part of our C2 Effector team that is responsible for integration of effectors in our C2 Naval systems. The effector part of the C2 system is made up of functionality to provide operators with mission critical defense and, if needed, weapon functionality.
The role and your most important tasks
As a System Engineer you will work all the way from understanding customer needs to integration of solutions at the customer. You will therefore have a wide range of interfaces and close cooperation with other project participants, counting among other Systems Engineers, Software Engineers, Testers, and Project Managers for the entire project. You will gain increasing responsibility of the overall product functionality and performance through your tasks in this team. You will be responsible for requirement management and definition of architectural solutions, including partitioning the complete system into sub-systems, as well as defining the interfaces between these. Furthermore, you will be responsible for verification and validation of the complete solution in cooperation with test engineers.
Your experience and education
You have a relevant education, i.e., a Master’s degree in engineering, computer science, physics, data scientist or similar.
Preferably, you have at least 5 years of experience in developing systems, including hardware as well as software, from the initial idea until end-of-life of the product.
- You have experience in developing systems, including hardware as well as software.
- You have experience working with systems at a high abstraction level, e.g., product development tasks and/or customer specific project deliveries.
- You are used to producing system specifications and can carry through the technical solution according to these specifications, from the initial idea until end-of-life of the product.
- You can understand how to ensure testability, ease of maintenance, and reuse through your designs.
- If you have knowledge about international systems engineering standards or handbooks that will be an advantage.
- If you have experience with agile development methods (Scrum) that will likewise be an advantage.
You as a person
- Your profile allows you to navigate in an interdisciplinary environment where solutions and deliverables are a result of an effective interaction between system and software development. You enjoy working in a complex and highly specialized environment. You respect the formal working processes while still mastering agile principles.
- You are a team player, and you take pride in communicating actively and acting proactively towards your teammates and stakeholders.
- You can and are interested in understanding the situation of a customer and his/hers needs as well as the written and verbal communication from a customer, enabling you to transform this knowledge into a technical solution.
- You thrive in an environment with independent and overall responsibility for the technical part of a development project.
- You can structure and communicate technical complex solutions clearly and precisely in writing, and you enjoy doing so.
- You are driven and you actively follow through on your tasks.
- You are well articulated in writing and speaking, as a minimum in English, preferable also in Danish.
Bear in mind that candidates must be able to obtain a security clearance by the Danish national security agency. This entails that candidates, as a minimum, have stayed within NATO/EU for the last 7 years only interrupted by short stays abroad and have citizenship from a country that is member of NATO.
What can Terma offer you?
You will join a high-tech, international, and creative working environment in a demanding sector that offers many challenges and opportunities for personal development. You will be part of a dedicated team characterized by professional pride and humor. In addition to the professional challenges, Terma offers a wide range of social activities and sports facilities, where employees meet in an informal atmosphere.
Want to know more?
Feel free to contact Michael Smed Kristensen, Director, C2 Situational Awareness via mail email@example.com. Please submit your CV and application as soon as possible, as we will process applications continuously. Please note, that to manage your application effectively and confidentially in our recruiting system, we only receive applications via our job portal.
The high-tech and innovative Terma Group develops products and systems for defense, non-defense and security applications, including command and control systems, radar systems, self-protection systems for aircraft and vessels, space technology, and aerostructures for the aircraft industry.
Terma A/S is headquartered at Aarhus, Denmark. Internationally, Terma has subsidiaries and operations in The Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, United Kingdom, United Arab Emirates, India, Singapore and the U.S.